xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kilz

Your Most Favourite Computer Language

the best computer language  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would like to vote, but there really isn't a 'best' language, it would be biased if I voted as I prefer certain languages as personal preferences and not because it's the best designed language.What should be said is why so and so language is considered good, I believe every language has their purposes and the developers had that in mind too, they were even developed to do similar things that other languages did as well as having improvements. Now I am against some languages, it's kind of like Windows VS. Linux, Windows was made with ease of use in mind while Linux was considered a ground for developers/programmers, there probably wasn't a consideration of other users at that time till recently.That's the same I have against other languages, they have languages that people can develop small to large scale products without knowing much in the programming side, it also helped people develop viruses and trojans much easier, although I do believe these people do have knowledge but they lack the programming side of things (don't quote me on that). Another thing that I don't like is how programs aren't easily portable to other OS, this was purposely designed into those programs by someone I'll just call a GIANT, but that doesn't mean it can't be ported, it does however mean you'd spend quite a while trying to figure it out.ASM, C/C++ would be my choice of language no matter what, I've looked at C# and D Language and still haven't convinced me that I should change, they've addressed known problems but they have taken away some control and I like having full control, even if this opens up potential exploits, at least it'll keep me on my feet.In the dynamic web developing, it'll have to be PHP, because I know Perl and C, this language was easy for me to pick up and it has a lot of well thought out things and it's constantly getting better (and bigger in size).So even if a 'best' language was chosen, it'd be nice to see feedback of why you chose that language. For my choice, it's being in control of every single bit and byte.Cheers, MC

I'm quite confused about programming languages. My friend told me that you can make web pages with C++, but I thought that there is only one programming langauge for web pages: HTML? I know that languages like C++ are using for writing programs, but can they be used too for web pages?

I'm quite confused about programming languages. My friend told me that you can make web pages with C++, but I thought that there is only one programming langauge for web pages: HTML? I know that languages like C++ are using for writing programs, but can they be used too for web pages?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well webpages are made using a markup languages, which aren't programming languages. Basically for webpages the markup language is either HTML or XML.

What server side scripting languages like PHP or ASP do is just output markup languge. For example the PHP script creating these forum pages fetch the data of our posts from a database, processes it and prints out HTML.

C or C++ can be just aswell used for the same task as server side scipting languages. There just needs to be compiled programs on the server and server set to allow execution of these programs when a webpage is requested. Similarly th programs outputs HTML (or wahtever) which is sent to user and viewed in his browser.

we will get different result in different standard

it is not suitable to compare these coding languages

i think php is the best and c# is the best too

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PHP is easy, but C# is not.

some1 say dat C is a top level language. . .and php is basic.

because php has lots of build in function.??

Yes. With C you can do practically anything, while PHP is suitable for only certain tasks. Also the performance levels of these two languages or , to be accurate, programs created with these languages are far from each other. C programs naturally being faster being relatively low level and compiled.

Yes. With C you can do practically anything, while PHP is suitable for only certain tasks. Also the performance levels of these two languages or , to be accurate, programs created with these languages are far from each other. C programs naturally being faster being relatively low level and compiled.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Python is really easy to learn.

C is a basic computer language

php is easy, and c# is easy too

no computer language is the top for all i think

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there is and it is called C++ :P

and php api is still experimental therefore php still best for web and ahead of any server side language :)

and aspx c# is also another candidate for ssl the downside it is made by microsoft :)

For me the question which language is best is to broad, I like perl for server side scripting, c# and c++ for modules for Diablo II (d2hacking botnet...) vb for fast/simple projects and even though it isn't really classified as a programming language (or is it?) I use autoit for alot of projects (v3 has some unique features i really like).

It is really hard to name "best" programming language, especially as the list contains languages designed for completely different tasks. If I were to end up on a deserted island and I could bring only one programming language with me (OMG this is a stupid sentence...) I'd pick C++. But as C++ has few really annoying things, I don't want to vote for it, so I'll just name my three favourites here: C++, Java and PHP. Pascal was the first programming language I learnt so there's a special love-hate relationship to it (biased more on the hate side though...).