xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xelloss

What Windows browser do you use? What Windows browser do you use?

What Windows browser do you use?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, I realize there's already a topic about what browser you use.However, this one is a poll, so we will be able to tell much more easily which browser is more popular.I, personally, like Mozilla FireFox. If you have never used anything other than IE, please do not post things like "IE iz da best and all da other browsers sux!"

Yes, I realize there's already a topic about what browser you use.

However, this one is a poll, so we will be able to tell much more easily which browser is more popular.

I, personally, like Mozilla FireFox. If you have never used anything other than IE, please do not post things like "IE iz da best and all da other browsers sux!"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I don't know if it's too late with converting people over to the lightside, you hear all these problems about IE and people believe it's due to being popular and has a wider share, that's why it's hit more (So why are you still with IE?). For one thing, I can tell you that claim is false, why is it hit? Because since MS integrated it into it's OS, it provided people with a better method of attack through your browser, it's not because it's got the market, it's because it's connected to something vital that a lot of people target, and that's the OS, which is where you get hit hard if you ever get exploited.

Now you can't remove IE even if you uninstalled it from Windows Components, there's no way to completely remove it. It has to be on your system no matter what, but it doesn't mean you have to run it. I do suggest people do use an alternative browser, but you would find that some sites that run ASP, don't come up on a different browser (I wonder why, who created ASP?) Another thing to get rid of would be Outlook Express.

I know some people are afraid of change, and how other browsers look, but you would prefer this over your own security? Especially when an attack through IE can make you fork out money for a technician to fix it.

I do suggest you do look at other browsers, and try and get use to using them, it would help you and you won't have to worry about browser hijacking or malicious advertisers.

Cheers, MC

I use IE 5.0, but I've tried Mozilla. There were a lot of reviews saying that Mozilla is much faster, but when I tried it out, it was pretty slow. Is it because of I having 2 browsers installed on my computer?Mozilla is good, it allows me to access some sites that IE doesn't, like Paypal

I'm using IE 6, and I find it good enough for what I do on the internet. Of course Mozilla is good to, and I know a lot of people that use Mozilaa and me to sometimes. But for normal people, that goes not to much on the internet, I think it would be stupid to say them you have to choose a program ! IE is just basic and for the most usual people this is enough, and after all like mastercomputers say it's already integrated in windows.

I use IE.I got tired of FireFox. I mean it was good, but when it came to sites having to with some simple flash, the browser will mess or just freeze. :), I actually had to reformat at one point. So i'm using IE, I have noticed I get more spyware when I use Ad-Aware, but I have no problems when I surf.

When you say that you prefer some browser, please put some strain on your fingers to type out why? What are the features for which you prefer it?Even I use firefox, the main reason is because it is free, powerful and fast. There are huge number of addons that are available on the site and they take hardly 5 secs to apply. The addons are just a few Kb's usually 15 to 50 kb. Some may be big... Is compleltely customisable and a TABBED interface.

I use Opera, since it is better at keeping your privacy for yourself. My internet explorer is completely filled with spyware :? so I guess there's no other solution than to use Opera

humm.. as of me ... I was sick of this stupid IE .. it has something for which it has been put in the Windows OS ... but for sure it does not have everything one wants ...It majorly has something which no one wants ..i.e Spyware .. the moment u open ur browser there are 100 pop-ups and banners and ads coming out of nowhere .. The reason is that these banners are designed taking in view that the surfers are using the traditional IE .. So i thought y not change .. then i started searching for all possible browsers .. I found Opera on my long way .. I downloaded it .. used it .. but that also gave ads as i downloaded the free copy .. if i want to have all the features enabled , I should buy a registered copy for which i need to pay money.. now do not say .. WTF .. u can download it using any P2P along with the serial or crack... in that case i would say .. WTF .. if i can directly download a free browser ..Now this free browser I say is Mozilla Firefox.. It is free.. is tabbed browser.. has a nice pop.up blocker .. easy access for my most used website ( GOOGLE ) .. lemme say i found even this site from google only .. this browser also has got some cool plugins that can be downloaded from its home page for free and are very small ... has a nice style for bookmarks .. and ya.. has real good list for skins :) ..So on the whole I would prefer Mozilla Firefox .. Ps:- I also heard something about a new browser that is gonna show up .. is still in building process .. i don't remember the link as of now .. but will keep u informed as soon as i find it ..