xisto Community
OpaQue

What brings you here? Give your Feedback? Tell us what you feel about this site.

We are always trying to improve and please tell us your opinions and suggestions.Tell us about what facilites does count the most for you. What do you think should be given more preference.Answer things like :-1> Are you ready to accept ads on your website ?2> Are you ready to make a small payment for not posting?3> Do you feel that you are compelled to post? If yes, Suggest about other methods in which we can ask you to come up and support us. We are supported by advertising networks. 4> Do you feel that the facilities provided by this host is enough for you. If not, what do you require.5> Do you require Cpanel. [ We provide the most advanced cpanel ]6> Can you comprise Cpanel with more hosting facilites like space and BW.Please keep in mind when you suggest about posting stuff. Every account we give out is expensive and costs $30 anually. Therefore, we need member's to be active. So If you have any suggestions in which member's can be active as well as we can give them hosting with minimum initial requirements, please tell us.Suggest about our system and things that you feel. If you feel that our system ( requirement of initial good posts ) is wrong or if you think that there can be some other conditions by which both may benefit, please suggest them.We require suggestions regarding spamming and meaningless posts. We want to target this forum on the search engines and hence we are more focussing on good posts. Spam posts and copied stuff decrease our page rank. Hence, on Xisto, we have particularly more serious on spamming.--- Your Feedback is important to us | Please help us serve your better ----

i would put ads on my website if you asked me to. your webhosting is great, i mean look at all the features!

i reckon a good way to support you guys is with some sort of affiliate program. basically you give us a url that we give to our friends. when we go to the url (which would look something like http://forums.xisto.com/affiliate.php?id=daniel15) a whole heap of popups appear (which you would get money from), and it adds one credit to our account. once we get to, say, 200 credits you could give us some upgrade options, eg. free extra 100mb space or something. the only thing is i'm not sure what upgrade options you could give, the webhosting is already pretty good!

Internet explorer 6 with SMART popup blocker. Any anyway, being a professional company, it would spoil our reputation.

I'm not yet hosted here in Xisto, but one of the reasons why i came here is because you guys don't have forced-ads. One thing i could suggest for you guys to advertise Xisto in client's websites is for them to have a button or small banner inserted anywhere in their index page with the message "hosted by Xisto" or something. A button or banner like the one in my sig but a little bit smaller would be enough and i don't think hostees would mind that in exchange for the great service. :)

i got here by one of those freewebhosts.com kinda site. don't exactly remember which one anymore.
the fact that one needs to do 50 good posts before you get hosting makes sure that you don't get a lot of those guys that need hosting fast, though i kinda was one of them when i came here, hehe.
i think the 50 posts & stay active thing is good. you help others and learn something yourself.
about the post spamming: i'm willing to moderate a part of the forum if necessary. you know, delete spam and stuff. i think doing that takes a lot of your time which you could spend on ameliorating your hosting services. unfortunalty, i don't have that much of time either and i'm not online every day, but i'm willing to make some time as you've helped me a lot too...

what i like about Xisto:
-no disabling functions like mail, fopenconnect & stuff like that.
-150mb, that's a lot of space for a website!
-php, mysql,... grrrrreat!
-uptime. i have an account at siteuptime.com and it confirms what you say: 99,5%. that's incredible for a free host.
-no forced adds. that's just great.

ps: check the bottom of http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. right bottom corner :)

I was redirected here from an ad from a certain other site, i am sure you know what i am talking about.I really like the features this site has to offer, i mean where else can you get FREE hosting with all the other great features like unlimited mysql and unlimited email accounts.I know a certain site no names mentioned that i thought was good it offered 5 mysql databases and 10 email accounts. Then i found Xisto.com and my search had ended there, i knew i was here to stay!

Welcome to Xisto.com dundun.. but I guess, the other place Xisto.com is fine too. And I think you already have an account there. Please do not make 2 accounts. There are many others who might require that space and BW.

Hello, i just got here by searching for some free space to put my site up on.because im not working i wanted somewhere free to host maybe 2-3mb of webpages for my photo business.I have tried several others, and they all seem to have their downsides, mainly after making my site they then put ads inside the frames, obscuring 40% of the pictures, making them no good. (tripod and angelcities)Well i understand they need ads, but it is a bit false economy, i think cos who clicks on them when there is the whole internet to search anyway? and if i get to a website with ads i will leave asap! (ads often lead to malware) I dont really understand why you want people to post so much? Is the idea to have a forum first and a host second? Well this seems a good forum and site and stuff but asking 10 posts from someone like me is asking a bit much as i am no expert in anything really, and can add little of value to tecnical questions. So i wanted a good name and was trying the http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en website out, doesnt seem to work to well though but you are supposed to get a free domain (.tk) so now i am here, but i think i will have to go because 10 post is too many,but i might return if i find nowhere else and post some more.thants all for nowchris

I was looking for a simple place on the Free-Web-Hosting place. I clicked on the ratings, and Xisto was right up there. Clicked on it, posted, and just got more than I ever wished for. :)Woooowwww.

Oops. I didn't really answer the questions. ;) Well, ads are ugly and payments annoying. You can just upgrade the posting requirements if really needed. Like putting ads on the starter package or upgrading needed post numbers. I don't think I would even mind with an innovative system such as this.

Basically, I got here the same way just as some of these nice people did. I googled (or however you want to spell it) and found this place on free-website-hosting.com

1> Are you ready to accept ads on your website ?

Eh, I suppose so, but I'd prefer to keep it looking professional. I'll put up ads if it were for Xisto (like someone else said, the little logo "hosted by Xisto" would be cool).

2> Are you ready to make a small payment for not posting?

I'd pay if I didn't want to post, but you guys are all just so nice so it's hard not to jump in and post. :( (I'm not being sarcastic, lol)

3> Do you feel that you are compelled to post? If yes, Suggest about other methods in which we can ask you to come up and support us. We are supported by advertising networks.

Hmm.....not really. I blog, so I like to post things (but I just won't post for the sake of posting). I guess if I were sick, I'd be posting a bit less but I'd make an effort to stay active.

so now i am here, but i think i will have to go because 10 post is too many,but i might return if i find nowhere else and post some more.

I think it's actually 10 credits, not 10 posts. If you have something to say, 10 credits are not that many. I got over 10 just now. :)

4> Do you feel that the facilities provided by this host is enough for you. If not, what do you require.

I just got my account today, so I think I have what I need for now. I can always upgrade.

5> Do you require Cpanel. [ We provide the most advanced cpanel ]

I like Cpanel for the convenience.

Wow, I guess I rambled on a bit (a bit??). LOL. But I wanted to answer the questions!

I wouldn't forcefully put on Ads, it will turn away users. Average Joe Bloggs doesn't want to hear that any banners are put on his site period. That being said, I was put off by many hosts who required forum posting, because going somewhere and being forced to post was kind of annoying. But once you realise that it is your only hope of getting good free hosting then you just go for it. And this community is great, people get along, it's a structured environment. No complaints.But as someone said, the optional link thing sounds good. You could have the idea that Daniel said whereby each link is directed to a special page which has the ID of that user. We could have wee competitions to see who gets the most clicks, who has the best banner etc etc. And maybe give out an extra MB of space for each click, nothing to big, just something a little extra. I know I wouldn't mind telling my visitors to come to this site. Maybe, if the plan works and revenue gain permits it, at the end of each month you could give the user who got the most unique hits from their banner a domain name. That would really push people.It would work like the i-Pod scheme they have running. If each person now linked five people to this site from their website, and lets say we have 50 people on here that actively want to help the site, thats 250 new comers. Each of whom are encouraged to post to win the domain name and they all get 5 new people, thats 1250 people more! Then the community really starts going on fire and posting here is even more fun. So maybe I don't know alot and the above idea wouldn't work as expected but just imagine the growth. I hover about alot of Web Designing boards and the best hosts those boards recommend have 10mb space with no MySQL support or no Mail() function allowed...if word of Xisto got around even more it would rocket. But the users now need to recommend it. When people see "Must post in forums" they get turned off. If our users now tell them that the community is fun, you get a laugh and get loads of help, thered be nothing stopping them.I mean - no banners, CPanel, MySQL, Mail, 5gb BW, 50Mb space!!! For free!!!

The options and the free part brought me here. The fact of no ads was a bonus. I think its a terrific idea to have the ads in the bulletin section for the developers to help generate money to keep it all going. This has to the best system I have seen yet, I love it and wouldn't change a thing. Reason - keep the hosting free and develop a creative community and people will donate to the cause.