xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Troop107-Admin

Personalized Signatures Hand made by me :)

You should try other methods rather than just using filters mate, from what i can see you are using a bunch of filters to get a fancy effect in the bg, then slapping a white strip on with a times new roman text, dont be afraid to experiment with different features of using photoshop (if you are using PS..? ) =].

such as these below that i made a little while back.

Posted Image

this one, was animated using photoshop image ready - you can animate your sigs if you wish? (image ready includes the tweening feature)

Posted Image

this one is just a gradient text with a stroke effect done on it, then i drew the dragon 'holding' onto the text.

\/ so on so forth \/

Posted Image

Posted Image

this one was from Natural Selection ( Half life mod ), for a guy named kurupt, the fade (or the creature on the right) was painted in.

Troop those are to bland. But there not bad. Try spicing it up with, brushign and smudging. Make a texture, give it composition and flow. I will gladly give you a great tutorial for brushing.

I can make better sigs than that :) pfft.... all u use are filters, not that i am saying that they are no good but i think that mine are somewhat better, ill but one of mine as a sig and then show you and you can see for youreself.

yah, dont get used to filters, if you need help creating some good effects without the use of filters and/or how to make 'shapes' like interfaces n such. all you have to do is ask and either me or someone else will answer in due time. =]

im new in here...

I have observed many photoshop users are much into filters and presets nowadays. :) I prefer brushes than filters. Brushes usually rely on users hand..and images created by brushes are not that easy to imitate.

heres my personal work...its not good I know. I made it with some grunge brushes...I just added a fading image on it using imageready to make it "not so boring" (since its a monotone)

Posted Image

i can see you used a heavy scanline overlay for the layer =p. tis ok i reckon, though the text can get a bit hard to read, perhaps try to make it stick out a bit more (that is.. the Wedjarl Dementia's text at the bottom, the top right is ace) in image ready, theres a feature called Tweening otherwise reffered to 'in beTWEENing' use it to make the light source glow smoother, then export to .swf if you havent already through image ready =].plus, your best to resize that sig down to atleast 100x500 [ hight x width ]

Thank you very much for the sig, Troop17-Admin...hehe I never thought anyone would do this for me, as I thought I was pretty much unknown here 12 days ago. Heck I wasn't even mod then lol...Anyway I really appreciate this :)...

@FAFNiR..thanks! :) yes I admit...im one of those "scanlines"+grunge brushes fanatic :P with regards tweening..ill give it a try..I dont usually use it. I prefer tweaking those frames piece by piece. With regards to text...it looks fine here.. :) I dont know, maybe it looks a little bit different on different screens and graphic cards.

@FAFNiR..thanks!  :) yes I admit...im one of those "scanlines"+grunge brushes fanatic  :P with regards tweening..ill give it a try..I dont usually use it. I prefer tweaking those frames piece by piece. With regards to text...it looks fine here..  :) I dont know, maybe it looks a little bit different on different screens and graphic cards.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That dragon is ugly just my 2 cents