xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zip_mc1405241469

Text & colours

Ok i'm new here and would like to say Hi to every one.. ( :: EDITED :: )

oh and this is my first thingo sorry if its hard to understand :)

Ok when making your website you need to to choose colours that dont hurt your eyes when looking at them try to avoid very bright colours

colours like this TEXT hard to read isnt it?

If your working on a light background try and stick to darker colours for your text.

a template i have created ( Template ) the text is easy to read for me, but some of my family said that they couldnt read it.. what i'm trying to say is that get a second opinion.

When doing small text make sure your turn off Antialiasing it just makes the text much easyer to read... umm thats all i can think of atm

Sorry when i read through this is doesnt really flow just seems all spalted together :)

zip_mc

Agreed, Google have also stated that the best strategy for designing a successful web site depends on the simplicity and easy readability. Most of the users dont have much time to go through excessive decoration or coloring. Keeping things simple, helps a lot. I belive, Simplicity was the best reason for Google's Success. Unlike, Yahoo, they have only nice text results without much of an external stuff. Keeping the contents simple of the page with good text coloring can bring out life and also increase the propability that users will read that text.About the EDITED text above : Please do not mention our other sites name or information here. We want to keep both of them seperate.

I belive, Simplicity was the best reason for Google's Success.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I agree. Just look at their homepage. Google has only a search form and some basic text links, but Yahoo! has tones of links and images, and Flash and graphics ads. That's why I no longer search with Yahoo. Google is much faster and simpler.

Google is my wife, it has huge database of images that I can find in seconds. Also, I would like to add. When it's all said & done. What I find most that really attracts web-surfers, is the user-friendlyness of the web-page itself. Though all these flash banners and weird navigations look cool, there is no reason I should spend 2 hours looking for a link to a forum or whatever other purpose i'm there for.

google is my wife too but too many search results really bother me nice post here dude.but i use yellow on my template all the time no prblem reading them but makes it more easy to point some thing out.

Like my English teacher taught me in School when it was time to write stories and things was a simple term called"K.i.s.s." Keep it simple stupid, or Keep is short & simple

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're absolutely right. Unfortunately many web designers have forgotten this very basic rule and insist on using Flash animations, huge graphics, and other impressive technologies when designing sites. They seem to have forgotten the millions who still surf on a dial-up connection or who still use old computers.

You're absolutely right. Unfortunately many web designers have forgotten this very basic rule and insist on using Flash animations, huge graphics, and other impressive technologies when designing sites. They seem to have forgotten the millions who still surf on a dial-up connection or who still use old computers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tip: swf means "small web files" and it supposed to be a replacement to gif animation (i think) in the past. and 100k swf(not including the external images) will load as fast as 100k jpg.

tip: swf means "small web files" and it supposed to be a replacement to gif animation (i think) in the past. and 100k swf(not including the external images) will load as fast as 100k jpg.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm? Well it also means Shockwave Flash. :) Simplicity adds a sense of beauty on a site, it really interests a lot of surfing peeps. I wish I could have wrote a longer reply but this was all I could type(or think of). :)

The usability of a site increases the traffic. Don't pull too images on a webpage bacause not all whant to download Mbts to see what he wasn't searching for.Flash is bad for many things, the animation coud be very slow and boring even if it are beauty moreover Flash in not supported in all OSs (is really boring download many many plugins, if they exists, to see a single intro to a site).Now you can do very beautyfull pages with only a Logo image and all CSS with big contrast colors for text.ByePS. in your style you have to change the image's words

it really depends what your site is about, if its for content, obviosuly you dont want strobe lights all around the website to distract you, but if you're a graphic design company, you want images around your site, to show off what you are capable of, given that you arrange it nicely and have it well put together so its not just a collage of work, but simplicity and intricacy combined would make a website just perfect.