xisto Community

MyCents

A new members starts with 0 MyCents.

Today the first posts were made.

It seems interesting to see how long it takes before the first amount of MyCents appear in the purse of a new account.

The year today is 2014, the month is june and the number of the day is 19.

This might be interesting.

A next step might be to count the number of words and posts.

This might give some insight in the amount of MyCents that are given out for a certain amount of words and letters.

Ok, so have you figured it out yet? I've been here for ages and have never figured it out. But I can roughly guess when I've made a dollar, never the number of posts, it's always about the length of the posts. This post for example is short and probably not worth a nickel.

Also the type of post, technical posts are worth more.

Correct English sentences also is important.

"A new members" should have no final "s", because it's a single user.

And don't forget that some subforums are "no post count", they have interesting subjects but answering there gives no MyCents.

And, I agree, the algorithm of the MyCENTs program is rather complicated, else cheating would be too easy :D

Yes, figuring out mycents is rather complicated, I have to agree with that. And now even checking to see what you had in your account is more difficult than it used to be. Before all you had to do was click on the red number in one of your own posts where it said mycents and it would show your balance. But with the fact that they don't update on any kind of regular schedule like they used to, that isn't even much help anymore. I just tried to go check mine and couldn't even get the page to load. Got a big blank white page with only one little tiny cursor type line flashing in the middle of it. Thought that was pretty weird. Also, in the last 2 days when I have tried to respond to a topic, I can't get the reply box to open to type in. I click in it and nothing happens. But it only does it on some topics, I made several replies tonight before it blocked me out of one.