xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joshthegreat

Computer Problem My cpanel wont load

Help! When I try and access the cpanel for my site it just shows a page which says 'Page cannot be displayed'. When I try it on my dad's computer it works fine. Anyone know why this is doing this?[edited]t's not a cPanel problem it's a problem with your computer :D if you don't ask the correct question no one can answer you :D I changed your subject line to reflect the real problem. [/edit]

Edited by NilsC (see edit history)

Are you using the same OS as your dad, are you using the same browser as your dad, are you on the same network connection as your dad.If your dads browser can access the cpanel, what setting is different in you computer / browser.You have to look for the problem on your computer. Answer the questions and you will be one step closer to your cPanel. :DNils

Same browser, IE. Same network, NTL Broadband. Sorry I don't know what an OS is and I'm not sure about the Internet settings. I'll check next time I need to update my site. Thanks for the reply.

Wasn't a typo. I've tried typing it in quite a lot of times. Well, that really is quite annoying. But hopefully I'll get to the route of the problem before long. Has anyone else had this problem though?

The problems is a setting in your computer. If you can access the cPanel from one computer on your home network then you can access the cPanel from any other computer with internet access. What may be missing is a setting in your IE that are preventing you from accessing the website. Check the permissions and compare the 2 computers settings, if you are to strict you will not connect.OS = Operating System so you can be on XP and your dad on 98 or you can have a xpp and a xph etc... I asked that so we are comparing apples to apples :DNils

I I'm on Home edition and my dad's on the other one, Professional.I'll check his advanced IE settings next time just to check and look for diffrences in them.

I can't see how you don't get looged onto cPanel. I started IE on my computer to test (XPP) and I set all the security settings to the highest level, disabled active-X, disabled Java, Disabled Scripts, Disabled iframe... I disabled anything I could disable. I then cleared out cookies and history. I logged back in with no problem.Next step if you can't rule out your IE, reset all IE security settings to default and try again. If you still can't conect, do you have a firewall and did you block the cPanel by accident?If you use a firewall let me know what version and I or someone else may be able to help you configure it.Nils

Thanks for all your effort in trying to find my problem. I'll set the IE settings to default and I've already deleted all the cookies of history. Well, if this doesn't work I'll check the fire wall.

the next step is to check your computer for spyware / malware. Those can change your settings and add sites to point to localhost in your HOSTS file, that happens when they hook your login from that computer, then they have access to your cpanel and they lock you out.You should use your dads computer and change your password. and make sure your email is not changed.Nils