xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NNNOOOOOO

A Question About Paid Hosting

I am looking for a hosting provider as my current one is shutting down. I was looking at xisto's plans and the Logic Plan looks like a good deal compared to other hosts I seen. On the site, I see:

Logic Plan is a Shared Hosting Package for Starter Websites with Powerful PHP and MYSQL Support. Hundreds of Apps - 1 Click Install.
1 GB space *upgradeable10 GB bandwidth * upgradeable10 mySQL DB50 Email AccountsMicrosoft Powered Mail and Collaboration ToolsPowerful CPanel. (Control Panel)SkyDrive AccountUnlimited FTP & Sub-domains99.9% Uptime Guarantee

What, exactly, is shared hosting? Also can I run two or more domains from one hosting package? I have two domains, one of which is only one day old. Plus what are the terms of conditions, in simplest form, for this hosting?

Yes.. Many providers who offer unlimited hosting or very cheap hosting .. limit the no. of domains to only 1 per account.

on Xisto Logic Plan - You may host many.. many websites. :)

Alright. I looked at various other hosting providers. When it comes to price vs. features and my personal preferences, Xisto seems the most reasonable. I get paid tomorrow, or at least I should. So here soon, I'll make my final decision. Thanks.

Just a couple more questions. I'm looking at the shopping cart, just to see what I'm facing when I'm ready to order. If I use the same email address as I did here, does that make me qualify to use, and automagically sets it to, use myCents? The topic on this says to order through Xisto - Web Hosting. Is it possible to go through Xisto? If so, will my previous posts (as in from when I first signed up) be used to calculate myCents? How would I find/select this option?

Do I get a coupon for being a first time customer? How about switching hosting providers (even though the current one is shutting down)?

And I assume the "Bank/Wire" payment option is the same as credit card?

Ahh.. com`on... no coupons.. let me earn something :P Well, there was a coupon for first time customers which gave them like $1/$2 for free.. Please check some topics in announcement section.

Either no such topic exists, or my finding skills are lacking. I did come across a topic by Buffalo where he stated he'd post a code when he go one. If memory serves, it was posted in 2005, but no code was ever given (unless a certain plugin in my browser is hiding it, which it's done before). One or two dollars off isn't too much, though. I'll just pay full price. Thanks.

What, exactly, is shared hosting? Also can I run two or more domains from one hosting package? I have two domains, one of which is only one day old. Plus what are the terms of conditions, in simplest form, for this hosting?

Shared hosting is when the server your website is hosted on is also used by other users. It is the cheapest way to get your website hosted and nothing comes even close when it comes to price. It isn't slow like the concept of sharing would make you believe because for most of the day, the server is just spinning its fans doing nothing - it is unlikely that a website would get a request every second and even if that did occur, each request only takes a fraction of a second to process. If you do want to install custom extensions on the web server or use something like Nginx instead of Apache, you can opt for a VPS instead of shared hosting. There's no real reason to do so unless the application you will be running has specific requirements.
The terms typical of any web hosting service is that they cannot host any illegal or copyrighted content and for shared hosting or VPS, if a website makes excessive use of the server's resources, they reserve the right to notify you and take action to avoid affecting the experience of other users on the same server as you.