xisto Community
mrdee

I Think We Are Owed.

Looking at the red figures with the MyCent balance underneath my name, I conclude it has not changed for goodness knows how long.

My balance has remained the same since at least July, which means, if the invoice was due now, I would not have enough to pay for it fully and get an email telling me my account has been suspended.

We do have a duty to post to keep our hosting (unless we pay in real money, of course), but has the company then not got a duty to adjust our balance on time?

You could argue, "then pay with real money", but what is the point of posting then?

This is only a friendly question to ask Xisto to stick to their side of the bargain on time.

Come on, please, update those MyCents.

"Reddite Caesari quae sunt Caesaris".

Well, now that you have mentioned it........Last time I ended up paying my balance with pay pal, because things are so slow here and I just haven't had the time or energy to make posts, and I figured once I got in the hole I'd never catch back up again, so I did it that way. First time since I started here that I had to do it.

But today when I logged in, I noticed that in my account information there is absolutly no mycents showing, not even a place for them to be listed, I have no idea what my balance is. Does this information just dissapear if you don't have any? I would think it would at least show a zero or there be a place holder for your ammount. But if the mycents haven't been updated since I paid with pay pal I would I suppose be showing nothing, so I don't know if it's because I have Zero or what is going on.

And seriously guys at this time I truely do not need anything else to worry about.

your cents is $79.26 sheepdog as of 21/09/2013 (might be 20th for you)

and mr dees is $86.06 jes wish I had as much as you guys. lol.

I agree by the way about it being a bit slow and about there not be very much post except spam that is lately there seems to a lot of it around.

hopefully Opaque deals with the spam and updates the script so it does it faster.

The 79.26 is not the balance I have in my account. I'm actually not sure now what those numbers represent. It used to show how close you were to earning another $1 back when they were updated on a daily basis. In other words, right now I would have to write a post worth about 20 cents to add another dollar to my funds. Anyway, that was my understanding, that by no means means I'm correct of course.

Yes, has been a fair amount of spam lately. I rather giggled when I saw spam from a dentists office. You would think any good dentist would have all the work they need. I know here in the states you have to have an appointment for weeks in advance, especially in late summer, when all the parents are getting the kids ready for back to school.

well in my end of the billing account above Check Availability of a New Domain

it says

Available Credit Balance: ''You have a credit balance of $14.00 USD and this will be automatically applied to any new invoices'' in green in small letters

they seem to have changed things in billing since I was last in there. well below my profile picture in this message below my location there is Earned: then the number in green don't know if you have the same on yours if you do your earned dollars are displayed must be hidden from other members from seeing.

Yes, demonboy, the Xisto supportsite is where you can see your total balance.

The red figures you see here are what you have earned with posting so far, and as soon as that reaches 1 dollar it is reset to zero.

However, this morning, I had a message that my sites have been suspended because of an overdue payment.

I only paid an invoice seven days ago.

And, the red figure underneath my name has not changed due to the MyCents not being updated, so the overall balance will not change neither.

(Although, of course, only the account holder can see this figure).

I must admit I am definitely not happy with this situation.

On one of my sites, I run an Internet radio station, now it has been suspended, people cannot reach it to send in requests, they cannot even listen to my station because I put the player on my site.

This is a terrible loss for me until it is fixed.

(And how many listeners am I not going to lose as a result of this)?

I feel for you mrdee, it's so hard to work and promote a site and then loose all that effort when the site goes down. I am in much the same situation when my site goes down, and my living rather depends on my web site. Any customer that ends up on the "file not found" page is the potential loss of a sale for me. Not to mention people are eary enough about buying a puppy online, so any hickups hurt my creditibility with possible customers. It's hard enough as it is to compete with scammers giving away free pups for only the cost of shipping as it is.

Didn't you have this same problem awhile back? I hope you get it fixed real soon. I do have to say any down times on my site have been fixed quickly after I send in a ticket.

By Check availability of Domain Name I have a tan box that says "Our Latest News: Due to Recent Dallas Datacenter Migration at ThePlanet (now Softlayer), We were forced to..."

There isn't any amount anywhere on the page that says what my credit balance is. It is rather worrysome not knowing. I figure I am aways off from having enough hosting credits right now and don't want to end up loosing my site.

Well, Sheepdog, the error was also fixed quickly after sending in a ticket, but that is scarcely the point.

The point is that my site says "Account Suspended", sometimes for hours (probably starts during the night).

And, as I said, when that happens, just like in your case, it might mean a loss for me.

Apparently it happens because of a script (to do with credits) that is not running properly, but in the mean time, my account gets suspended, and I get an email my account has been suspended due to overdue payment, which is obviously not right.

While I do appreciate that IT and scripts sometimes go wrong, it is a bit too much of a good thing when it happens for two days on the trot.

And, in the mean time, MyCents have still not been updated, and a post I wrote 4-5 days ago (a post which needs approval) has still not appeared on the forum.

I am beginning to wonder if this forum is still being looked at/moderated.

Things are looking up, at least for me, I did get an email today from here saying I had $6 in credits. So at least now I know I am ok for this month. Good thing too because I sure have enough other junk to worry about. Mrdee, hope you get your problems straightened out too. Now that I have a balance, I need to go check and see if it is showing on my account info page.

I got updated today so it is working fine for me.

got a $ today so have $15.00, I have never had any problem

with the forum so far (except at the start I had to get the forum theme turned to the default) which was fixed pretty fast.

I will agree it does take sometimes ages to updated on cents but it always comes around, feel like a kiss A** here lmao.

Wow, lucky you, $15! I haven't had a balance that high in ages! I used to keep it up there when there was more activity here and more to talk about, but that's been hard to do lately. I'll only have a nickel left by the time this months web hosting service comes out of it. And that could be pretty soon, since they started changing the dates the take it out. Seems like that has been coming sooner every month.

$15 is not a lot of money but it seems to be on this (at least it takes ages to get there), I would not no sheepdog I have never done the hosting here yet I just enjoy the forums met some lovely people, and have great craic (fun) that I just never got round to it just yet maybe sometime I will, maybe the recession is having effect that they changed the dates (this was supposed to be a joke but could not get it myself), I agree its hard lately most topics are spam (for example where to find a good place to stay etc in india) thank you for keeping the forums going sheepdog most of the worthwhile topics are started by you and a few members a small minority I will admit I know nothing about but I do try to give you and the other members a comment or two about the subjects anyway.

thank you sheepdog for a reply hope u have a good nite/day.

Well I'm glad you are here posting too! You just keep it up, someday you might want to start a web site and you'll be money ahead and can go for it right away. I used to try really hard to keep at least 2 to 3 months worth of hosting credits ahead, but in recent months I just haven't been able too. I really need to because there are times when I am just too busy with the kennel to spend much time here, and it comes in what seems like a month at a time. LIke right now, I am trying to get my fall dog shearing done. That in itself is a major chore, but then we have had all these other projects going like trying to fix up the trailer for the thief, and this week it's been getting the fence fixed around the other place so we can move the goats to some new pasture. I put an ad on craigslist last week for some extra help. that took up a fair amount of time, talking and emailing people and culling out the ones I didn't think sounded like anyone I wanted to trust, (which honestly after the past 2 helpers, I was a major skeptic.) I think I did find a really good girl to help out. She already has one full time job so was fine with part time. And it's kinda nice to have another female around here, right now all the help is male. She was here the past 2 days and got a lot of work done, I was really pleased about that. Hopefully she will come back next week. Keep your fingers crossed for me.