xisto Community
sheepdog

I Need A Break!

Sometimes it really sucks to be me! I just never seem to get a break. I already told you the story of my previous employee/renter that destroyed the trailer they were living in a few weeks ago, but since then life has slid further downhill for me.

It started just over a week ago with the announcment of the implimentation of new regulations by our fedral government, the USDA to be exact. They are now going to stick their noses into the private homes of anyone with more than 4 dogs who sell and ship even one puppy and force these people to get a USDA licence. When you are licenced, the inspectors have the right to inspect your kennel at any time they want, unannounced. For those folks who raise a few dogs in their homes, this is an absolute abomination to their freedom and rights to privacy in the security of their own homes. It will also cut deeply in my ability to sell my pups since I refuse to get a licence too. The law is touted to prevent undesirable kennel conditions, you have to let the people come and see the pups on your property in a face to face sale. However, the same new regulations allow you to meet the buyer at any puplic place, so how the hell is that going to help anything?

So I have been worring myself sick over how I am going to manage to stay in business and then I get another kick in the teeth.

This past sunday we went to the swap meet as usual, got home a bit later in the afternoon, since we stoped and visited with our widowed sister in law for awhile. I was really tired when we got home and decided a nap was in order. I had been laying down just long enough to be drifting off when the phone rang, a potential puppy customer, which I talked to for a few minutes and then tried to get back to my nap. Allk of a sudden there is this bull roar in the front room coming out of my old man saying GET IN HERE! I had really never heard him make such a noise before, he was mad! I walked into the frount room and he told me we had been robbed! He saves all his change and rolls it up and saves it all year so we have some extra money for vacation time. He had about $150 in rolled change and some still stacked up but not rolled.

After reviewing the events of that day, it was pretty obvious that it was the new kid I had hired that had done it. I am absolutly furious over this one. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you! This kid had no where to go, he was being evicted from where he was living. We made a deal that I would give him a couple months free rent in exchange for fixing/cleaning up the trailer that my fomer employee/renter had trashed. He had started cleaning it out but he ran out of time on his eviction notice, so I allowed him to move into what I call my pottery trailer, which is right next door to the one he was supposed to be fixing up. It's the trailer that I used to live in before my father passed away, and I had been planning on getting together with another friend to set that trailer up to make pottery and do other craft type things that I don't have room to do over here, like sign painting and that sort of stuff. I told him right up front that he could not stay in it very long, it sets in the middle of what I need for goat pasture and it is time to move the goats over there. He has really been dragging his heals over getting the other trailer fixed up. I have to stay on him to get him to do any work over there at all. So now I am paying the other hired man to work on that trailer, and paying this stupid kid to do the work here that the other guy should be doing. And I have spent well over $1,000 already on building supplys for the trailer, and have not even got a good start on fixing it up yet. Yet I was willing to spend thousands of dollars of my money to get this kid a decent home to live in. I gave him a job, and also found a few things his wife could work at here to make a little extra money for them. He doesn't even have a car, so he is seriously limited as to where he can get a job, so he more or less had it made here living next door so he could walk to work. I also made him several advances on his pay when he got in a bind. Basicly, I helped him in every way I possibly could and he repays me by robbing me.

So now, he is sending text messages to my other hired man's wife, demanding that I pay the sorry POS $700!!!! Or he will not get out of my trailer until January! Can you believe the nerve of this dirt bag? Extorsion on top of robbery! I am so pissed I hardly know what to do. Hubby is ready to fire up the bulldozer and scrape the trailer right out into the middle of the county road. (with said dirtbag still in it of course.) And he is fairly likely to do it, but then I would be out my pottery trailer, which I am not real crazy about. And now I have to worry about having that thief living practicly in my back yard until I can get him out of here. I filed a report at the sheriff's yesterday for what good that will do. So for now the drama continues. Cross your fingers for me for a decent outcome.

Just an update to my current delema. It is certainly not getting any better. I went back to the sherrifs office yesterday afternoon to see what had come of my complaint I had filed and what I needed to do to get the POS out of my trailer. It appears that scum bags have all the laws on their side. Our system is really screwed up. If you are a total bum with no job, no income, and on public assistance they will bend over backwards to save your sorry *bottom*, but if you are a working, tax paying, contribution citizen, you are pretty much screwed. If a person squats on your property for 4 days or more they have rights, can you believe that?

So after he robbs me, tries to extort $700 from me, I then have to pay the court system to get him thrown out and they can't even give me a time frame that he will be out of there on. Even more annoying, when I went to pay them at the court house they told me part of the fee that went to the Sherriff had to be a money order, I had already pulled the cash out of my billfold and was trying to pay them. I had to go back to the bank and get a money order. They make everything just as difficult as they possibly can. And I am now wondering even more why in the hell am I paying taxes? If I have to pay for the services in the county what good are all those taxes I pay?

I bet you do at that! I'm sure running this board and staying on top of everything can be a real headache. I wouldn't want your job. Believe it or not, I would rather deal with dog poo and hair than computer problems.

I had more trouble from the AH yesterday. Talk about a sick prank, though I'm not sure which one of us actually got the worst of it. We had to deliver a puppy yesterday a few hours from home, hated to leave but have to make a living. On the way out right square in the middle of my driveway down at the road was the rotted carcuss of a road kill that had been hit about 20 or 30 feet down below my mail box about a month or more ago. I know it was human done because at the edge of the highway was a red shop towel he had used to handle the carcuss. Seriously, that is pretty sick. He had to handle it and drag it all the way over there, of course all I had to do was drive over it, so it was no big deal to us, but I have to worry seriously about the mental state of the person who did it.

sounds like normal to me sheepdog a government (well local government mostly) have the duty to make sure animal are being cared for properly and are in a suitable home how ever time period they maybe so a license sounds like a good idea but I don't understand why its not per dog though, sounds stupid it only applies to more than 4 dogs I agree with the idea though (which is prob what you did not want to hear) just don't understand why a license is not required for every dog but only requiring It for more than 4 dogs then it opens up the possibility that a person with 4 dogs could knock one off and not be charged when it would come into effect.

but dog licenses are required in my country, as well as microchips.

as for the SOB In your trailer just wait until nobody is there and then go to the trailer and change the locks and you will have it back.

sounds a horrible thing you give the kid a roof over his head, and several advances, a job, and help his wife and he pays you back by stealing from you and trying to Extort money out of you some horrible bleeps around who would take advantage of a persons good will.

hope you get the bleep out of your trailer sheepdog soon and it does not take the $700 to do it.

There is a considerable difference in having to obtain a licence for an individual dog, and a kennel licence. When you have to have one of those for a city or town for an individual dog, it is only for your local area, (or if you travel from state to state with your dog) and the soul purpose for it is to prove your dog has been vaccinated for rabies. The only thing the local dog warden will or can do is verify that your dog has had a rabies shot. He is not granted full police powers to invade the privacy of your home to check your dog. However, when the USDA forces private individual with 5 or more dogs to get a kennel licence, the law grants them the power to invade the privacy of your home at any time without a warrrent and without pryor notice.

And the big problem here is that a human home does not comply with USDA regulations. This one particular rule: "All surfaces that come into contact with the dogs must be impervious to moisture." Things in a normal home are not impervious to moisture. Your carpet, curtains, couch all have to go if you have dogs that have the freedom of the entire house. You can set aside one room in your house and have the dogs in it and make all the surfaces impervious to moisture, but then the dogs are required by law to remain in that room only.

Yes, sooner or later I will have that POS out of there, I just wish it was sooner. I did find out that while they were checking him out for stealing from me, they found drug parfifinala (wish I could spell) so while they didn't find my money of course, it was long since spent, at least he got 5 days in jail for the drug stuff. Not like that helps me financially but at least it made me feel a little better.

its Drug paraphernalia sheepdog not that I am into wacky backy (weed), or any of that stuff of course.

the peelers must be very slow around your ways 5 days in jail for drugs in some countries you could get years or even death for just a bit of the stuff.

Well, I'm not really sure why they arrested him, he told that story to my other hired man, and apparently there was also a warrent out for him from some other county, I haven't a clue as to why.

But believe it or not, this situation just keeps getting worse, if you can believe that! I just got my letter from the court house the other day, my court date is not until NOVEMBER 13TH!!!!

My god, that's 6 weeks away! I am furious! I stormed the court house today to complain and was just told the judge only heard this type of case once a month and the october day was already full. I asked them if they realize that I was being held a prisoner in my own home, I can't leave the place unguarded in case he breaks in again. Not only that, by then the weather will be bad and the trailer he is in has no underpinning, it was not meant for people to live in, was just a work shop, and now all the pipes will freeze up and bust because of him.

sorry about your trailer sheepdog but at least the son of a Bleep can not live there again.

hope you get a new trailer soon or get yourself a wee greenhouse or shed to keep your stuff in or to

plant flowers.

Yes, Sheepdog,

you DO have my sincere sympathy.

It looks like it is always the same people trouble rain down on (same here), and it seems it is also the same people who always have all the luck (usually people who do not deserve it).

And then that lousy "don't care" attitude of some people, like the judge, why do certain cases only once a month?

Do the other ones pay better maybe?

I am quite sure if it was something that concerned them or their nearest and dearest, they would magically find time to handle a case.

And the further, this is certainly not only in the USA, the law, which always seems to protect the criminals rather than the victims, what has this world come to?

They can do anything they like to people and get away with it, but if the victim tries to defend him/herself or his/her belongings or family, then they come out with "taking the law into your own hands" and other blah blah blah.

It is really disgusting, all of it, those are the sort of things that would make people want to give up.

Anyway, I want to wish you all the best of luck in all of this and (although it is easy for me to say), keep your head high, every cloud has a silver lining.

And now for the adding insult to injury part of this sad story, I just got the bill from the fire department, they ae demanding $350 because the MFer burned down my trailer. They are certainly going to get a nasty letter from me.

why would you get a bill for sounds a bit strange maybe its that American government shutdown thing they think they will get the

money from you since they can not get it from your government, but at least the Statue of Liberty is open now lol (that was a joke btw)

I feel sorry for you sheepdog a fu**** burns down your trailer and you are being charged just for calling the fire brigade

if I was you I would of not of called them and just put out the fire myself and dealt with the whole matter for free (unless you pay for water but even then it still would of not cost you $350 they are charging you). well anyway sheepdog at least the a** hole is gone.

I didn't call them. It was actually the next day after it burned when the guy from the fire department came and told me about it. We have rural volunteer fire departments in this area, they survive on donations and apparently contributions from arsonists who burn down peoples property so they can collect fees. They do have a program where you can become a member for something like $75 per year, and then if you burn down they put out your fire for free. We just never signed up for it.

Another reason I plan on telling them to go take a hike is that the state fire marshal told me they didn't notify him about the fire. I have tried everything I can think of to get them to come out here and do an arson investigation and they simply will not do it. (this is state run, so has nothing to do with the government shutdown.) While I was on the phone with him he gave me the longest line of excuses as to why they would not investigate I couldn't believe it. He even tried to tell me the sheriff's department was supposed to call him, after he called to start with because the sheriff called him and asked him to call me. Then he said he had to have the landowners permission, but he did back track on that one saying well, I guess you are giving me permission. He also said the local fire department was supposed to notify him and since they had not, and hadn't secured the crime scene it would do no good to investigate. He just flat said it would do no good whatsoever, they wouldn't be able to prove anything and was basically a waste of his time. I was really hot by the time I got off the phone with him.

In the meantime, the Red Cross is putting up the dirt bag in a motel at the cost of $100 per night, he is online begging for freebees and otherwise milking his tragedy for all it's worth. I couldn't help myself, when I saw his post on Face Book for clothes I just had to make a snide comment about how the only clothes he would be needing was a prison uniform since he was the one that burned down my trailer. Believe it or not all the idiots over there took up for the miserable little asswipe. Eventually they deleted my post. Hope those people don't have to learn the hard way if they help him they are going to be in for screwing, he may come back and rob them if he sees anything he likes while he is at their homes getting his free stuff.

why would anyone pay $75 encase they have a fire it sort of sounds like to get something out of their money they would have to at least set one fire during the year or they are just unlucky, as for the rest well where I live the fire brigade are part of government (therefore tax paid) so I was going by that never seen one that was done on the cheap and had to rely on donations, as for the dirty b******* I feel sorry for the red cross and anyone who takes his lies in, that $100 could be used for more worthwhile causes instead of giving the man a place a motel room, thank you for your reply SD.