xisto Community
sheepdog

Making Payments

I've managed to get behind on mycents for my web hosting, and right now I've been pretty busy and don't think I can spend enough time to catch them up so I thought I would catch up my overdue balance with a Pay Pal payment, but when I tried to do that all I got was an invoice and no way to finalize the payment. I clicked on make payment, had Pay Pal showing in the drop down box and everything looked right but there was no way to finish the transaction. Anybody know how that works?

Gosh where is everybody? This post has been up for a day and a half and no replys? That sucks!

I miss the good old days when this board was really hopping busy and you could get all kinds of information fast and easy.

pm OpaQue about the issue sheepdog

he will be able to help you with any problems,

members can not help you if the issue involves payment, or behind the scenes stuff.

by the way sorry I did not send you a comment for 2 days about the topic. but I have being busy.

Gosh where is everybody? This post has been up for a day and a half and no replys? That sucks!

I miss the good old days when this board was really hopping busy and you could get all kinds of information fast and easy.

With the new one-domain-per-member-per-year rule for MyCENTs, most of my websites have been deactivated so I've been hanging out on FaceBook, WhatsApp, and Google Hangouts, and that's one way to see all your time vanish. Back in the old days, I used to look for stuff to put onto my blog and visit the forum often to post. I guess many other folk who were here for their websites were bitten by the new rule too.

Well, Nitin,

maybe not bitten by the new rule, so far I still have my sites up and running, although other users might not (like yourself, if I read correctly).

However, it does affect everybody in some way or other, like (if I am correct the change in the script has something to do with it) for example the long periods of time between MyCents updates.

Fortunately I have not lost my account (yet) because of it, but I will have to wait and see what happens by the time the next invoice comes.

There are, however, as I can make out by what I have read here, people whose hosting has been affected as a result of this, but I know Opaque was working on it, so hopefully he will be able to have it fixed on time.

I didn't realize you could only host one domain name here. Glad you brought that up. I have toyed with the idea of a site called USDAsucks.com! :D Of course it's just an idea I have on those moments that this particular government agency annoys me. Which are actually pretty frequent. But I barely have time to keep up with the web site but it would be kinda fun to have another way to annoy them.

I think the one domain policy has been around for less than a year. They did allow multiple domains and I had four domains at one point. I guess providing domains costs them money because they have to pay the domain registrars whereas providing web hosting for them costs them nothing because they own and manage the web servers so they probably would not mind giving you as much web hosting in shared hosting and virtual private server packages as you can rack up in MyCENT points as long as you can keep posting. The dedicated web server plans also may be something that they can offer for MyCENTs if your demands are not too high - repurposing an old desktop is what I used to do back in the day when I would get a new computer; it used to do its duty as a file sharing server, as an intranet web server (with me being the only user for the intranet, but it was fun anyway), and to practice my system administration skills.
You can, however, request for some sub domains because that again costs them nothing to provide. In fact, they offer a sub domain with the decade hosting plan and a decade is a long time in dog years ;-)