xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Sad Day Today

My husband's best friend's wife passed away this week. After almost 5 weeks in the hospital, the first month of which she was not even completely concious, then the last week she was showing great signs of improvement. She was up and talking and they were getting ready to move her out of the hospital to a rehab place. We were just there to visit her this past sunday, and it was the first time since she was in the hospital that she could visit with us. So it was quite a shock to hear just a few days later that she had passed. We all thought she was finally out of the woods.

My big concern now is for her husband. They have been married over 50 years! He is going to be so lost without her. I can't even imagine the devistation and heart break he is going threw now. How horrible it must be to spend practicly your entire life with one person and them have them gone from your life. I feel so bad for him. Want to be able to show him all the moral support we can. We are heading off to the funeral in a few minutes. Say a prayer for him in what most for him be the worst moment of his life.

sad to hear about your Husbands best friend's wife sheepdog 50 years is a long time.

he will be ok though sheepdog people are strong.

Every person dreams of meeting that one person that he or she can spend the rest of their lives with. Your husband's friend actually lived that dream. He found the perfect companion who was by his side for half a century! Many marriages do not last as long, with most unsuccessful marriages ending within the first five years. Your husband's friend would be in tears but he will feel much better knowing that he had met somebody special and he would be thankful for having had the good fortune of being able to make her a part of his life.
It is hard for one to imagine that somebody who makes it out of a coma can begin to show signs of recovery and seem perfectly fine before passing away. Hospitals have a lot of such tragedies and it must be a reality for new interns who begin to work in the healthcare industry to accept when they meet someone on one day and see them gone the next day.