xisto Community
The Simpleton

Microsoft Announces The Xbox One

Microsoft has unveiled the successor to the Xbox 360 console, titled the Xbox One. Unlike Sony, which did not show any hardware at their event, Microsoft kicked off their event by showing off the new hardware. In my opinion it was a little disappointing, but in the end, looks don't matter that much. The power under the hood appears to be quite impressive. The queer title refers to the aim of the console, that of becoming an all-in-one entertainment system for the living room.

In the hour-long event, barely 20 minutes were dedicated to talking about the games that would run on the new console. The rest of the presentation was dedicated to showing off the new features of Kinect - the motion sensing device bundled with the Xbox - and how it would make watching TV much easier through voice-control.

There was a demo of how the new console could be controlled solely through voice and gestures. It was interesting, but for gamers eager to see what kind of titles they could expect on the console, the presentation was a bit tiring!

Fortza Motorsport 5, four games from EA Sports, Quantum Break (a new IP) and Call of Duty: Ghosts were the previews shown at the event, and they all did look promising. Of course, more talk about games will be revealed at E3, where we'll also get to see what the PS4 looks like!

Keeping in line with the PS4, the Xbox One will also launch "later" in 2013, kicking off the next generation of gaming (okay, that was done by the Wii U, but it doesn't really count :P )

It's about time someone shows off their new consoles! I don't agree with the name though. "One" makes it seem like the first version. I think people that don't keep up with the latest technology may be confused by it, not realizing that "One" came before "360." I can see it now: people paying high prices for 360's because they hear their kid wants the new Xbox...

Unfortunately for everyone involved, the XBOX one has tremendous pressure put on its little shoulders. I've been reading about how many are not happy about the Xbox One's looks or the fact that they don't believe Microsoft's promises, promises about enhanced performance and functionality considering the "problematic" history of the predecessor "Xbox 360"

The only way I can see Xbox one beating Playstation is through marketing. Considering how popular Play Station is, I am not sure how Xbox One will fare... Personally I wouldn't buy Xbox one unless I saw the console doing well in action

Unfortunately for everyone involved, the XBOX one has tremendous pressure put on its little shoulders. I've been reading about how many are not happy about the Xbox One's looks or the fact that they don't believe Microsoft's promises, promises about enhanced performance and functionality considering the "problematic" history of the predecessor "Xbox 360"

The only way I can see Xbox one beating Playstation is through marketing. Considering how popular Play Station is, I am not sure how Xbox One will fare... Personally I wouldn't buy Xbox one unless I saw the console doing well in action

It will still sell well as long as it has exclusives. The Halo franchise is what keeps Microsoft's systems afloat, and Uncharted is what is keeping Sony's up, as far as I know. Playstation used to be defined by the Final Fantasy series, up until Microsoft started getting the games as well (and PC).

As long as there are games only one system has, people will keep buying those systems.

Well the biggest problems people are coplaining about is the privacy issues coming from the new Kinect, no backward capability and the fact it destroys the secondary gaming market due to the fact that if you purchase a used game you have to pay even more to install the game on the Xbox in order to play it. Of course, Playstation 4 is kind of doing the same thing in the sense that it will be killing the secondary gaming market on top of preventing players from playing PS3 games because of their fascination with using the Cloud to distribute games, So I don't see myself running out for the PS4 ever and besides I barely play as it is as I purchase maybe 2-3 games throughout the year.

Don't care what anybody says... I will be purchasing the Xbox One when it comes out. I've always loved Xbox products and I will continue to support them. For one.. I do not want to have to lose my Xbox Gamer Profile that I have been using for almost 3-4 years. Would love to just continue using that with all of my history and such. In addition, I love how Microsfot wants Xbox to become the all around home entertainment sysmte. For example.. I love how they have partnered with NFL Network and the NFL to allow you to watch the NFL game while keeping tabs with your fantasy points and such -- all updating in REAL TIME!!

Idk.. that stuff excites me. Won't be switching over to the PS4. :P

From what has been going on.. I have been reading quite a few complaints about Xbox.. And most of the communities I monitor seem to be taking Sony's (PS4) side so far... Here is a pretty funny image about the different "sharing" policies Sony & Microsoft employ

Sharing a game on PS4 ---

Posted Image

Posted Image