xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How Our Lifestyles Will Be Affected If All Resources Get Exhausted?

We all will become truly happy again :-)

lol, I don't quite follow. And I'm lost as to what resources he's talking about. Really everything is a resource. If all resources were depleted, we would die. There's really no way around that.

Unless the question is more geared towards resources like oil...

Well, they did say ALL resources, so yes, if they were all gone we would definetly die. And I don't know about everybody else but I would not be very happy if I had to run around hungry, dirty and gasping for breath if there were no food, water and oxygen.

Well, they did say ALL resources, so yes, if they were all gone we would definetly die. And I don't know about everybody else but I would not be very happy if I had to run around hungry, dirty and gasping for breath if there were no food, water and oxygen.

Well... when zombies take over we won't have food, but we'll still have water and oxygen. How will you fare then? :P

Well, if I can still breath I should be ok. Zombies are pretty slow, maybe even an old fat lady like me can outrun them. And hubbies latest project/hobby should come in real handy for zombie attacks, he's taken up reloading ammunition. So we should be just fine. :D

Edited by sheepdog (see edit history)

Well, if I can still breath I should be ok. Zombies are pretty slow, maybe even an old fat lady like me can outrun them. And hubbies latest project/hobby should come in real handy for zombie attacks, he's taken up reloading ammunition. So we should be just fine. :D

lol. It'd be more fun with a crossbow though. Plus then you wouldn't need to worry about gun powder. Just retrieve the arrow and you're good to go!

I think... We should just assume "No Oil and Electricity" -> no resources - but ofcourse... there is farming going on - no one dies, just frustrated for few days and then finally all come back living down to earth.. riding horses and farming.

Yea, the problem with that is there ae way too many people who are too spoiled by modern conviences, and don't have the first clue about farming. Thousands can build web sites and program computers, but when there is no electric, those folks are going to be as worthless as teats on a boar hog. Not many of us old foggies left around that know when and what to plant and how to take care of it and can it up when you get it grown. Heck, I don't suppose there are that many that know how to butcher a hog, raise chickens, make candles or soap, or anything else of any real use in an age without power. Remember, when Google is gone you can't even jump online and learn how to do anything! How many here even know how to saddle a horse? Anybody? What about harness? Do you know the difference between single tree or double tree?

Funny, I was just telling the old man the other night, I'd like to learn to shoot a crossbow. I figure if you ever came under attack, you could pick off a few of your attackers silently with the crossbow before the rest of them ever realized what was going on, and then bring out the rifles and you could really get the drop on them.

I think... We should just assume "No Oil and Electricity" -> no resources - but ofcourse... there is farming going on - no one dies, just frustrated for few days and then finally all come back living down to earth.. riding horses and farming.

Riding horses and farming, lol. I live in the middle of nowhere, and most of my neighbors (because of where we are) have cows and horses. I guess the lifestyle near me wouldn't change that much, if at all. I'd be devastated without electricity though!

Yea, the problem with that is there ae way too many people who are too spoiled by modern conviences, and don't have the first clue about farming. Thousands can build web sites and program computers, but when there is no electric, those folks are going to be as worthless as teats on a boar hog. Not many of us old foggies left around that know when and what to plant and how to take care of it and can it up when you get it grown. Heck, I don't suppose there are that many that know how to butcher a hog, raise chickens, make candles or soap, or anything else of any real use in an age without power. Remember, when Google is gone you can't even jump online and learn how to do anything! How many here even know how to saddle a horse? Anybody? What about harness? Do you know the difference between single tree or double tree?

Funny, I was just telling the old man the other night, I'd like to learn to shoot a crossbow. I figure if you ever came under attack, you could pick off a few of your attackers silently with the crossbow before the rest of them ever realized what was going on, and then bring out the rifles and you could really get the drop on them.

We will be free!

We will be free!

Free... how? Even long before we had all the conveniences we have today, there were still governments and stuff. Think about the medievil times. Or even the wild west I think would be a good example.

Free from what???

If as in the original post starting this tread says, all recourses gone, we would only be free to die.

But if we are just talking about electicity I fail to see that leading to any form of freedom. Do you have any idea on how hard it is to get anything done without electric? Without electic to power pumps you would have to carry every drop of water you used into your home from the nearest creek or river or ocean. No electricity you couldn't just walk into your home and flip a switch and have lights or heat. Want to stay warm? Go cut wood. Not much to freedom if you use all your free time just struggling to stay alive.