xisto Community
sheepdog

Now What?

Last night my web site was down. At first all I got was the file not found page, then when I tried later I got a page that says this site is hosted by Trap 17, and there were links to log into my cpanel. It worries me if the public is seeing these links, I hope my site doesn't get hacked. I tried to log into Xisto, and got a file not found link again, I thought maybe the whole system was down, but later I was able to get into it. I followed a link on the page that said hosted by Trap 17 and got to the page where I can submit a ticket and did that.

Can somebody please tell me what is going on? Is it related to the recent changes made here? Also, because of the fact the my cents weren't updating like they were suposed to I had a bill for just under $3 for hosting this month, the update of mycents came after I got hte bill which said it wasn't due for another week or 2 so I am wondering if that had anything to do with this mess? Since the mycents were updated I have enough in the account to pay it, but I'm not sure if I have to actually do something to pay it now, since it is normally done automaticly.

What a mess!

Hi Sheepdog,

I am sorry about the problem caused... Did you receive a notice from xisto recently?

If not, what has happened is that the nameserver ips that xisto uses has been changed to new ones, customers have already been emailed about it. The change normally does not affect accounts BUT sometimes an account here and there suffers a roll back.

All your data is safe, it is simply a DNS issue. OpaQue & I are working on the issue and this should be resolved soon. If any member faces such an issue, please contact support, they will update all of you once the network has been updated :)

As for your invoice, if it has been paid, you don't have to do anything more. Mycents usually work in the way you described, if your account has enough MyCent, it will automatically get added to any newly generated invoice.

Edited by velma (see edit history)

Oh man, this place is getting really weird. The post above I thought was lost because I got some kind of error message when I hit post, so I tried posting a test message, and it showed like it posted, but I don't see it here, but this one is now.

I sure hope you are right and my site is up soon, I do make my living with it. Hurts like the devil when it is down.

Thanks for the explaination Velma.

Hi Sheepdog, I am sorry about the problem caused... Did you receive a notice from xisto recently? If not, what has happened is that the nameserver ips that xisto uses has been changed to new ones, customers have already been emailed about it. The change normally does not affect accounts BUT sometimes an account here and there suffers a roll back. All your data is safe, it is simply a DNS issue. OpaQue & I are working on the issue and this should be resolved soon. If any member faces such an issue, please contact support, they will update all of you once the network has been updated :) As for your invoice, if it has been paid, you don't have to do anything more. Mycents usually work in the way you described, if your account has enough MyCent, it will automatically get added to any newly generated invoice.

Is this affecting all sites? I didn't mess with my sites much today so not aware if I experienced issues as well, but I never got any notice from Xisto regarding it either.

I actually got no notification from here until early this morning, a full day after my site went down. I contacted Net Work Solutions, and told them about the change, but they said it may take one to two days before my site was back up. Ho Hum. Very discouraging. Like I have nothing else to worry about right now, sheesh.

Well, now that your website is back to normal and everyone seems to have received the notice.. I am closing this topic as it has been resolved :)