xisto Community
spacemonkey

Minesweeper this game needs to be destroyed

For those of you who are familiar with Minesweeper, let me just say hello, and I feel for you...this damn game is the most idiotic piece of *BLEEP* that i have ever given my time to. it is highly addicting but the expert level, while i think it is not really that hard, is sometimes nearly impossible to beat due to you having to friggin guess where the damn mines are. how am i supposed to win when i have nothing else to do but guess, and then uh oh, looks like i picked the wrong square.. how the hell could i have known where that damned mine was, there is no way... what in the hell.... there should at least be some sort of hint or something that you can use once every game, i dunno... just seems like it's not fair AT ALL if you have no idea where to click...i played for an hour and one ONCE because of this. the "forced guess." SCREW THE FORCED GUESS. SCREW IT.

back in the days when that was the only thing you could play in the office and have enough time to close it like nothing happened :D I dont play that anymore. Id have to be real bored. I cleared the beginner board a few times and that was it for me, like the others said time to move on.

lol. minesweeper I thought is the most boring game I've ever come across. Except for two occasions from a challenge by friends, I've decided never to play this old games of Microsoft. I think we have to play some other games not minesweeper... there are thousands of games... :D

I think this is funny! I've pretty much mastered beginner and intermediate, but I've never beat expert for the same reason that you give. I also have a friend that was recently telling me that he's had that problem.

So, if you're hoping to get some kind of explanation, sorry, perhaps there is no way other than to get lucky.

By the way, if you're willing to waste time on games, you might as well play GunBound. It's really fun and free.

I have a recent post about it here: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/7795-talk-about-favorite-online-games-gunbound-is-a-free-multiplayer-game/

and the link to my web site is below.

I think Minesweeper is a very good game. I had to read the directions 500 times to graps the concept of it. Once you get into you'll become addicted. Just like I am with spider solitare

Yes, Minesweeper is very old and very outdated, but it IS very addicting ... especially when you've got nothing else to do. It is a quick brain teaser, and it keeps me entertained minimally, which is sometimes good enough.

It does, in fact, come with Windows XP. The basic graphical layout has been re-done, making it a little easier to see what's going on. But still, the problem remains that there is no guarantee of winning each game that is presented. Since the mines are placed completely randomly, there is no way that each game will be solvable. Microsoft should really incirporate some sort of algorithm -- at least for the corners of the playing field. If a mine is totally isolated in a place where you can see no numbers that could possibly give away its position, it shouldn't be placed there. That would more than likely be too much of a hassle to code for Microsoft though, and I'm sure that not enough people would care for it to matter in the first place. It is actually pretty sad that I care, heck, it is sad that I am even typing this in the first place.

that game is with pure guesses and luck it is not worth to play that game ,that game was also included in XP i dont know why people love this game.anyway i think pin ball is much better but you will get bored with it in very less time.

christ i cnt remember the last time i played minesweeper...but there are these game now called things like Halo and Counterstrike (god what is the world coming to).nah only joking...i hate that game...its just so god damn annoying!