xisto Community
mamer

Hello Everybody

Hello everybody,It's really nice to be with you in this forum.I believe I'll get help and help others as well. I'm a teacher trainer of Arabic as a second language. Coding and web development is my first hobby.I develop my own applications that I use in my teaching and training. I'm familiar with HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, MySql and Flash actionscript 3. Familiar not expert.I think this forum will help me explore other areas of knowledge. I don't know what's there as I just landed in here.I like to contribute to forums that respect the rules like yours. Rules are for our benifit. If I happen to break any rule it will not be intentional so please remind me nicely and don't frown at me:)You'll see me a lot here.

Salaam 'alaykum!Good to have you join us here on the forum. Perhaps you can teach us a bit of Arabic. Do share with us some of the applications that you have developed. If you haven't already, try Moodle - it's a good learning management system and is available for free.I develop applications with PHP as well, and occasionally post to the PHP sub-forum with challenges that I encounter. There are others on the forum who run websites professionally, so if you want to know more about increasing your web presence, you'll definitely get a lot of help from the forums.Hope to see more posts by you in the near future.

Thank you for your reply,Interested in Arabic? Just let me know what would you like to learn and I would be more than happy to post proper tutorials with audio and images.I like Moodle as it allows me to customize the themes and tweak the php code of certain modules to suite my needs. I think I'll share some of those with you in the proper forum.I have a question for you about Moodle, but maybe that's not the right place to post it. Shall I post it in the PHP sub-forum? I don't want to confuse people with posting in the wrong place.This forum seems to have an interesting hierarchy starting from a Newbie up to ?? Can you enlight me a bit about that? I really respect hierarchy specially when it's earned. It's healthy for communities.See you around.

well curiouslady I Am a Super Member also its ony a title it does not give you any more privilege in the community than any other.

I have being on a few forum groups and have not got any more privilege in each one.

We have all sorts of cool titles for contributors here, we all come up threw the ranks as we post and get involved with the forums. I have made it to Trap Double Mocha Member. Not really sure of the significance of that title, but it sounds cool any way. Anyway, it's all just for fun and doesn't really mean anything, though I suppose one can claim bragging rights for being a long time member of the group.

Howdy demonboy!

Long time, no see. I haven't been on the forum much since last month. I've been trying to catch up with technology and it just keeps getting ever more elusive. Things are getting a whole lot cheaper though. With the new Intel Haswell processors around, the older computers are being sold at a clearance. No, I didn't buy anything because I didn't find what I was looking for, but seeing a 6-month-old gaming-class laptop for $700 was quite tempting. Not that I plan on playing games, but they come with enough memory to run 2 virtual machines and have a hard drive RAID setup with high performance drives.

I am saving up for a computer again this one is a bit slow, and the fans have turned off and sometimes the sound sounds like a tv (before the switch to digital without the Ariel) I can get a computer for just over £400 so about January I would guess I will get a new one.

sorry k_nitin_r I do not remember you but great you are back and hope to see you around again more often.

Next year, we'll probably be seeing the return of fan-less computing so if you can hold out till July next year, you'll be able to get a computer with no moving parts - a solid state disk drive instead of a conventional hard disk drive, and a processor that does not require a fan. If you are planning on getting a desktop, you can probably swap out the power unit for a fanless unit too, though the all-in-one units have laptop-like power bricks too.

Typically, yes, you do need working fans for cooling the components of the computer, but that is not necessarily true. The AMD Geode does not require a cooling fan and can make do with passive cooling by means of a heat sink. Back in the days of the Pentium-I, Compaq would avoid having to use a processor cooling fan by utilizing an oversized heat sink so they only had a case fan for the power supply unit. If we could use something like the AMD Geoge with a laptop power supply, we would have a fan-less computer.
All processors come with a rated thermal design power, which is an indication of (but not the sole determinant of) how much heat is generated by the processor. Among the current generation (4th generation) of Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 processors, the Intel Core i3 4010Y processor has a thermal design power of under 12 watts (11.5 watts, to be more precise) and would therefore still need a cooling fan, unless you are using an oversized heat sink, but it may be possible to underclock the processor further to reduce its cooling needs. Mobile device manufacturers state that processors with a thermal design power of 5 watts can be used without cooling fans. Of course, a lot of users would complain about their devices getting hot to touch, like the iPhone 5, but that usually does not damage the devices.