xisto Community
velma

Gun Control - Yes Or No ? Do You Think It Is Right Or Wrong

gun control  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What are your thoughts on Gun Usage & Its control people?Should civilians have access to firearms?If yes, why and what type of guns would you allow?I will come back to write on this topic but for now, due to lack of time. I can only do the job of opening the discussion. I have been meaning to write about this since the sandy hook shooting, kept delaying it BUT after hearing Alex Jones **shakes head**. I could not delay it any furtherWe are talking about GUNS people, so No bashing each other.. All opinions must be polite and honest / logical.

Yes, I absolutely with out a doubt believe with all my heart that civilians should be allowed to own firarms. They should have access to what ever type of firearm they can handle and feel comfortable with. Every person is different and would have various physical conditions that would limit the type of gun they would be safe in handleing. While some would like to limit the owning of fully automatic weapons, if the government or any lunitic fringe group is armed with this type of weapons the average citizens need to be able to have the same oppertunites to possess these types of weapons. And I don't want to hijack this thread, but we already have the government restricting what we can and cannot have access to. Right now, we can't purchase cold medicine and other types of drugs that would save our lives unless we have the money to pay a doctor to give us permission to use them. And on a smaller scale have you all noticed that you can no longer buy bleach that actually bleaches, or Lime Away that actually cuts threw lime scale? Just because some moron used these products in a dangerous and or stupid way and got themselves hurt, our government stepped in and forced the manufactors to cut the strength of these products to the point that they are virtually worthless now for people to use. Honestly, I think that if I have a big stump in my back yard that needs to be removed, I should be able to go and buy a stick of dynomite to blow it to smithereens if I so desire. In the process, if I'm dumb enough to accidentally blow my own silly self up in the process that should be my responsibility and the rest of the public should not be punished along with me for my stupidity by restriction their right to purchase the products they need.

With all the uproar in the media since the most recent school shooting I am very surprised this topic thread has not recieved more attention. It is almost scary what is going on with the push to take away our second amendment rights. They are trying to apeal to the middle of the road folks, those that think some more restrictions might be a good thing, but so many of these folks don't know much of anything about guns to start with. For example, there is talk of limiting the number of bullets in a "clip." This may sound reasonable to some, but in fact, this could have a major impact on gun owners. If a limit of 9 or 10 bullets in a clip gets put into law, what about commonly own guns like a 22 rifle. Most of those hold 19 to 17 bullets, depending one wheather you use long rifle shells or short shells. The 22 is a basic gun, nearly every one has or had one, it's frequently the first gun a young kid gets for their first hunting rifle. And without a doubt, 17 shots to a person would probably not do near as much damage as if I unloaded my 6 shot 357 magnum in them. To my way of thinking the only "gun control" we need today is to teach people how to shoot.

Ok, for those of you that voted that guns are ok, but the current process should be changed, just what changes to you think we need? Background checks? In case you aren't aware, the recent school shooter stole the gun he used, (after shooting his mother to get it) so that would of changed nothing. What about limiting the type of firearms? This one isn't going to work either, because it will leave criminals with heavy duty weapons to commit crimes, and law abiding citizens on a very unequal footing to fight back. Really, how much protection can you give your family if you have a single shot 22 and the burgler has a machine gun? If you don't make that one shot count, your pretty much screwed. I am for the record, also very much against registration of any kind for firearms. Because who do you think is going to be the first ones to loose their guns if and when they ever do enact a complete gun ban? And yes, it could happen, history can and does repeat itself, Nazi Germany disarmed it's citizens first if you remember your history.