xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
k_nitin_r

Respawnables: An Iphone/ipad/ipod Game By Zynga

I have been playing Respawnables for countless hours over the past month. What a way to spend the most festive season of the year, when I could have been out making merry. Respawnables is a game by Zynga, but before you think it is one of those Mafia Wars like thingies, I would like to add that Respawnables is nothing like Mafia Wars, Zombie Wars, those FaceBook Farm thingies, or anything else of their kind. Respawnables is more like Counter Strike. Yes, you heard it right, like Counter Strike. Well, the actual game play is more like Quake because you can re-spawn when you die without having to wait for the next round so, yeah, it is more like Quake than like Counter Strike.There is also the matter of the graphics which are more cartoon-like. I don't mean like Final Fantasy but more like the Incredibles. In fact, one of the characters probably looks like a copy of the guy from the incredibles while the other have the same styling. When you fire a gun, you even have those comics-like callouts that go Rat-a-tat-a-tat or Bang-bang. The game has specific missions that are all based on the death match where you have to make a specific number of kills by a sniper rifle headshot, or where you have to kill a certain number of enemies using exploding barrels, another where you have to go two minutes without making any kills or dying, and another where you have to collect a certain number of badges within forty five seconds.The game play is quite fun. You have to gain points, either by killing other players deathmatch-style or by picking up the badges that players drop when they die. Getting to the top of the leaderboard for that particular game against bots is easy. Getting the mission accomplished can sometimes get tough. Using the grenades is quite a challenge for some folk in just about any kind of first person shooter.The folks at Zynga realised that using the iPhone touch interface to point and shoot is extremely difficult, so the game features auto-aim. You can point your crosshairs anywhere close to the target, and the weapon will aim, moving the crosshairs onto the target. This can get annoying in missions where you are trying to kill an enemy with an exploding barrel, yet your weapon insists on killing with a direct hit. It takes a bit of figuring out, like standing on a corner while the enemy is not visible and timing the shot to the barrel at the precise moment when the enemy would be passing the barrel (you can't see the enemy because you are around the corner). You also have to make sure that you are not too close to the barrel or you may have an "autokill", which is what happens when you kill yourself.Respawnables is free, like many games on the AppStore, and you can make in-app purchases to improve your character. I have not bought anything with the in-app purchases yet and my game is still going strong, so you do not absolutely need the in-app purchases.There was a bug in the game where the game would not register your mission accomplishments, but they fixed one of them and the game does seem to eventually count against the other that I encountered. Bugs do make the gameplay slightly less fun, but hey, this is a free game and Zynga was going through a tough time according to news reports from the start of the year so this may be what can turn the company around and bring them back to profitability so support them by playing Respawnables.

I love respawnables! It is awesome! I have revolver, howitzer, grenade launcher, dual pistols, missile launcher, bazooka, scoped assault rifle ( A very popular weapon for beginners ) blunderbuss ( A respawnables classic ) sniper rifle, little Italy, Heavy Machine Gun, Shotgun ( A VERY Popular weapon for starters ) Assault Rifle , and RMGWhat about all other players? I would love to know!Gamertag : Saif