xisto Community
burgen

Basic Html Gmail

Today I noticed a small change of Gmail. in the bottom there is new section called "basic HTML", when clicked, Gmail will become html form, this is for the browsers that doesn't have or support Java. check it out yourself.

On which page? I didn't find anything like that in the inbox. I directly login. Maybe it comes only on browsers without Java.

On which page? I didn't find anything like that in the inbox. I directly login. Maybe it comes only on browsers without Java.

55506[/snapback]

on the bottom of the inbox, in the center part, under the

"You are currently using ** MB (*%) of your 1000 MB." text.

I checked my Gmail and it wasn't there. Do you think it's part of a closed beta feature test that's enabled for just a limited set of accounts? Perhaps it's to facilitate wireless access to your Gmail from a phone or PDA?Did you check your mailbox for an e-mail from the Gmail team?

Those messages change everytime your Gmail page refreshes. Gmail has message on their "What's New" page that Gmail can now be used by lower versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and some/other browsers that don't support Gmail before.

I can't find it in my inbox although the gmail new features says it has it.

Heh I never knew about that, may come in handy sometime.

You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 1000 MB.Gmail view: standard | basic HTML Learn more

On my inbox o.O

Maybe it was just a test to see how it goes and it was just in beta stage for users to view and see how it goes. If it's bad they wouldn't use it. I mean Google/Gmail does have alot of *BLEEP* in there. Some people can hack into Google Search engine and see peoples info and *BLEEP* so I mean i dont trust google that much. Ive seen people say and do it about hacking such as.. Credit Card.

haha, lol. I guess theres not really anymore need for GMail lite anymore. Neat but I still like the regular javascript version better. The html one is all wierd to me. But anyway, they are coming out with new features all of the time. Its about time they finaly released something like this to the people who really need it/want it. :D:D

Nope, I can't not find that feature for my account. It maybe has to deal with the type of browser that you are using. "Stupid Netscape" UGH fugly "Neoplanet." It might even just be that you need to install Windows XP SP1 or XP2 for whatever reasons that you have your extensions missing.