xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NeXDesigns

Whats Your Take On:: The HP iPAQ rx3700

What do you think of the new HP iPAQ rx3715 Mobile Media Companion?

Posted Image

This new little toy can link to your desktop computer over a 802.11b WLAN and control all the media on that system, or stream it directly off of it.

It has a nice little screen rotation function so that it can be either landscape or portrait, but not all programs will work with that yet.

It has a 1.3 Megapixel camera built in, with a max quality of 1280 x 960 pixels, and it records video aswell.

and for the lazy bunch, (arent we all), theres a neat remote control application for all of your home appliances, anything with an infared port can be controlled.

Out of all the HP iPAQs out today, I would have to rate this one up in 9/10, it does have a slower processor, and slightly shorter battery life.

Overall, for those media fans and lazy bums out there, this is the one for you!

Posted Image

Wow! I've never had a fetish of PDAs, but this sure has changed my mind.Although I would like to know what the built-in memory is? Is there a direct link to a website where I can get all information about this product from?

I'm not really into PDAs since I'm always on the computer and that does everything for me. Meh, the PDA looks pretty nice though. It's an ideal tool that you can use when you are 'on-the-go'. I have a PDA but it isn't really all high-tech, it's just this small thing that costed less than 20 bucks. I mean, it did everything that I think a PDA should do; store data, have a built-in calculator, and have some of those random fun games. >_> Falling Numbers rocks.

Right now I'm using my old trusted Palm m505, and it still does what I need it for. This iPaq looks nice but I'm afraid it's too expensive. I'll be using the m505 until it breaks, and then probably will be looking at a Linux PDA. There's one huge advantage to having a digital camera built in though: when you have a brainstorm session using a simple whiteboard, all you need to do is take a couple of pictures when you're done and work it out at your leisure afterward, instead of scribbling it down.

on the go, like now :Dim using it right now because i cant get near a computer at the moment.I have over 40 songs on my card, and theres still loads of room left.The memory on here is as follows;152mb useable main memory (including the ipaq file store)the ram is shared on that memorythe processor is a 400mhz samgsung s3c 2440bluetooth, irda, 802.11b wlani dont have a link to a spec sheet at the moment, but i will try to get it to you.