xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fsastraps

Does Anybody Know About Windows Long Horn?

I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about Windows LongHorn, like when is it going to be released, because i do not want to buy a new computer processor if its not going to work well with windows LongHorn.

Hi, I did read on the german computermag website http://www.chip.de/ that Microsoft is planning to release Longhorn in the first half of this year to software- and hardware developers. Longhorn will be the main theme on this years "Windows Hardware Engineering Conference" (WinHEC) in April in Seattle. Producers and developers will get information about system reqs. for Homecomputers, Servers etc. In the meantime Microsoft introduced the new gfx-technology "Avalon". For Avalon Microsoft recomends at least a 1GHZ PC with 256 MB Ram /Dirextx9 GFX Card and Win XP incl. SP2

You can Download Avalon BETA AVALON BETA

Oh yes! Definetely CPU and memory hungry! I heard its installation needs about 5-6GB and graphics (Avalon as mentioned) will need a lot of CPU power. It will mostly be released in 2006. It is being postponed regularly. But it will be much much better that Xp. If you are not in a hurry that waiting will be a good idea. You will find better and more set hardware. Technology is a bit shaky now. Not sure of the future. Many emerging but the time they sort it out Longhorn will be out. :D

I read a few days ago that first beta version of Longhorn will be released to public sometimes in June/July,together with the release of new incarnation of Internet Explorer 7.0 . Does anyone have some screenshot of how Windows Longhorn will probably look like?When you think about it,it's been a long long time since Windows XP was released,and it still looks nice and fresh.

Hi all,Just an update- http://www.cnet.com/ has a comprehensive article on this subject posted 03/30/05 (or maybe 03/31/05). Good expert oppinions & an industry overview about the upcoming release due out this June/July. Interesting re: MS has yet to support the "need" for a new OS other than just putting more megabucks$$$ into MS's coffers etc. The overall oppinion seems to be >>Just more "whistles & bells" & not much really new with regards to added functionality etc.Will be interesting to see what the price tag is... you can bet it will be a big one. :) :)RGPHNX

You should check out http://winsupersite.com/ for information on Longhorn. It has a  FAQ,  as well as screenshots. I for one is looking forward to it. I'll get it as soon as I can, cause I've never had any bad experience with Microsoft products.

67072[/snapback]

What? LOL!!! I didn't see that last sentence until after I posted my post. You've actually never had any problems with a microsoft product? Ever used internet explorer? I would hope you'd see some problems there. Never had the blue screen of death? I've seen it on every operating system back to win 95. (Both versions of win 98 too.) I can't remember if I've seen it on xp though.

If you truly have never had any problems with microsoft products, then you are one of a very very select few. Consider yourself warned.

Oh, and to those of you who were debating over the phrase "lol" in the vent forum, I actually did literally laugh out loud.

If I'm correct, the latest build of Longhorn right now is 4074, here are some screenshots of the Build:http://www.activewin.com/screenshots/longhorn/

The screenshots really look nice. You know Microsoft is always trying to beat Mac in like the desktop interface and all that fancy stuff. It still has a long way to go. Macs look way better. But the wide ability of programs work with WIndows. Ehhh... i just wait until a long time when they come out with computers on the market loaded with this window.

hehe, there's just no way that Windows can beat the Macs, I mean, Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) is getting released soon, and will only add to Microsoft's horror. Like what Apple says: "Macs are Beatutiful". If Macs were people, I'd marry it, and Microsoft would be an old hag. :)

Avalon definitely beats KDE 3.4 and GNOME 2.10 to the pulp, but don't be too certain Windows fans, wait until the X server gets a new face lift :)

Click here

But seriously, I can't wait to see Mac OS X (10.4) Tiger running.

xboxrulz