xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
football123213

Php Php is hard man

Ok well for me a 12 year old i have lernd some java and i no HTMl I have wantet to lern php for some time nowso i went to the book shop and picked up a book1st day i sat down and looked at iti got to say this *BLEEP* is hard man i mean thers so much stuff to rember Eh and then the MYSQL part just gets me i dont no if you no any EZ step by step books, sites any thing that can help me out pls let me no

What I found was helpful was to just experiment. I learned some basics in a class I took over the summer (echo, basic variables, $_POST, and some math stuff), then I just browsed php.net and looked at some different functions then tested them with what they could do.

I would start off just messing with php, figure out the structure get to know things....... Then once your more familiar and comfortable with PHP then you can implement the MYSQL... You maybe able to do it all at once, lot of people do, but It mainly depends on your learning style I guess.

The fastest way you learn is through practise, practise and more practise. Just go create a small website containing php pages, and php code. I'm at the same level as you probably, only i'm 6 years older :D.Right now I'm actually trying to figure out the member feature (register/login/logout/members online/etc..) and it's a tough one, but with the many decent php sources on the web, it can't take long to figure out, I can offer you a book in PDF format, but you'll have to PM for that. The book is called PHP/MySQL for dummies, good to understand, well explained with pictures and codes and you'll learn many aspects of this dynamic duo.

my advice to you si learn how to setup your own webserver. i suggest get the latest apache distribution and install it on your system. then go to http://php.net/ and grab the latest php distribution. then configure it to your apache webserver. after a successful setup you can now grab a copy of the PHP Manual.

Then your off to your never-ending quest for mastery!!!!! READ! UNDERSTAND! PRACTICE! EXPERIMENT! and then CREATE! ok?

Youre wrong. U make me remember myself,because when I was 12, I think exactaly like you. "PHP is hard". But now, (Im 14, learn php with 13) I see that this is an very simple language. Try to pickup tutorials and look at some scripts (but never only copy them, use it to learn).

Mobious,Advising him to make his own webserver using the dynamic duo, is actually a bad advice, all the guy wants right now is learn PHP, he never mentioned MySQL (even though it's its best partner). Letting him set up his own webserver will only cause confusion, without enough knowledge of functions. For a beginner, databases are just extending the difficulty of PHP, because, basically, you don't need MySQL right away to start with PHP, PHP has enough features to use without needing dbs.

Youre wrong. U make me remember myself,because when I was 12, I think exactaly like you. "PHP is hard". But now, (Im 14, learn php with 13) I see that this is an very simple language. Try to pickup tutorials and look at some scripts (but never only copy them, use it to learn).

55494[/snapback]

I'm 13 now, and I can imagine it being a simple language once you've got used to it, but it's that first sudden impact of crazy little symbols and random text that really throws people. I mean, it threw me. I was like :D. But now you say it's actually quite easy. I might just give it an extra shot.

After a little work with PHP it becomes really easy. It has a simple syntax and the commands make a lot of sense. To check if a file exists it's file_exists("filename"), to connect to an ftp server, it's ftp_connect("url"), etc.

Mobious,

Advising him to make his own webserver using the dynamic duo, is actually a bad advice, all the guy wants right now is learn PHP, he never mentioned MySQL (even though it's its best partner). Letting him set up his own webserver will only cause confusion, without enough knowledge of functions. For a beginner, databases are just extending the difficulty of PHP, because, basically, you don't need MySQL right away to start with PHP, PHP has enough features to use without needing dbs.

55571[/snapback]

if installation instructions won't be of any use then they really can't be helped. then just go to pre-compiled distributions. much like of PHPTriad. you can get apache and php in their distribution.

Hey, php is actually the easiest programming language that i know, to be honest i actually find javascript even harder than php itself, if you claim that you have learned java then there should be no problem understanding php cause quite frankly java is full of alot of jargon, ulnlike php which is simple and straight forward, however this is what i always tell people who want to learn a new language, dont jus sit down and read a book, trust me you wont gather much from that, and you'll probably just end up falling asleep or giving up on the language, if you want to learn php properly, jus think of a php project that you can create, maybe a users online script a ftp frontend to a ftpd deamon, or just anything you think the open source community needs, then after you have your project, start finding out ways to implement the different methods your programme will have and eventually you will just be learning bits by bits, and before you know it you will have mastered the whole language just like that...try it ..........it really works.

Coolat first u should know html Tags and learn JSPthen you can go and learn php lan and for work with php you can include html tag(easy) and JSP (easy) in your php codethen you must prof in php u must try to make php page with out html tags you must hidden html tags in your codefor example with html tag ::htmlhead/headbody<? php echo "hi" ;?>/body/htmlwhti out html tags ::<? echo '<html><head></head><body></body></html> ' ;

Cool

at first u should know html Tags

and learn JSP

then you can go and learn php lan and for work with php you can include html tag(easy) and JSP (easy) in your php code

then you must prof in php u must try to make php page with out html tags

you must hidden html tags in your code

for example with html tag ::

html

head

/head

body

<? php echo "hi" ;

?>

/body

/html

whti out html tags ::

<?

echo '<html>

<head>

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html> ' ;

56476[/snapback]

are you referring to JavaScript or Java Server Pages? I think those to are different and js is the one the can be embeded on php files not JSP. JSP requires technology such as Tomcat from ASF.

yes i am learning php and im 13 and i only know a little bit :ph34r: i think its difficult but it must be possible to learn. :blink: i wont give up! :angry: but all the " ' : [] $ symbols all stuck together really confuse me when i look at them :)

yes i am learning php and im 13 and i only know a little bit :ph34r: i think its difficult but it must be possible to learn. :blink: i wont give up! :angry: but all the " ' : [] $ symbols all stuck together really confuse me when i look at them :)

58148[/snapback]

the operators are not theat confusing. the operators are just like the one you use for math class. some of them are already self-explanatory.