xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ritu

Chemotherapy Can Cause Cancer To Survive?

There has been much development in the field of medicine, yet in certain fields, despite of the much efforts made and some of them even going successful, the researchers have not met the expected rate of success.

A team of scientists at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle have found out that the process of Chemotherapy can have the healthy cells in the body affected with Cancer. It was found that after being exposed to chemotherapy, a protein called WNT 16B was produced in the healthy cells, which would help the Cancer cells to not just survive but also to grow. This also led the scientists to believe that this might be the reason why some of the Cancer stricken people are reported to get the disease back or turn resistant to chemotherapy after receiving it earlier. However, the scientists said that relief from such effects could be derived by taking some medicines.

With a huge number of people affected with Cancer across the world, chemotherapy seemed to be a savior but with the revelation of the mentioned effect, it is going to dishearten them big time. Nevertheless, a lot of research is constantly taking place for providing relief to the victims of cancer and I really hope that very soon cancer would not be able to cause the same intensity of worry.

Source

You've certainly got that right, the advances of modern medicine are truely amazing from way back when in my day when they were using leeches to suck illness out of the bodies of the unfortunates who became ill. But I have noticed what I believe to be a rather alarming trend in medicine today. It seems that far more reasearch is being made into drugs that mask the symptoms of illness rather than to go to the root of the problem and cure the actual illness. I suspect it is because there is no money to be made if a pill could end a disease, but tons of money are to be made if you have to take some type of pill that makes it possible for you to live with the disease that you have. And to complicate matters even more, Or in this case, to make the doctors and hospitials and drug companies even richer, then they have to come up with new drugs to fix the problems caused by the first drug you took that caused lots of side effects that made you sicker than you were with the single disease that you had in the first place. Quite a racket isn't it? I even hear rumors of cures for cancer that they don't want to use because then there is no more ways to take money from you. Disease treatment is a huge part of our economy, look at all the hospital staff, drug companies, scientists, hospitial equipment manufactorers and deliverys, home health care companies, drug stores, the list is long and huge.