xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ritu

Reason For Mass Killings?

On July 20 th, in Aurora, Colorado, a gunman dressed in black, went insane enough to open fire in a movie theater killing reportedly more than 12 people and injuring several more. Nothing has been specified about the shooter, but some sources have reported that he thought himself to be the "joker" that is a highlighted character in the film. The families which suffered the losses are for certain not in a condition to spray the accused with questions but I do have a question to ask.

As i ran into the news,I came across a link that lead to a timeline which showed mass shootings randomly picked up, from the post World War II era to the recent one. Most of the victims hardly knew their killer, but not just them but their families also suffered. Most of the culprits on the other hand, were found to be insane or declared to be so, some of them had victimized their own families as well. The point that really makes me wonder and boils up my blood at the same time is the fact that these barbaric beings might have had a troublesome life and not received support from their families, but what drives them to the point that they take a gruesome step of massacring the lives of any random persons that they come across which sometimes include women and children also. In yesterday's incident, a four month baby was injured, isn't that shocking? What makes the person ignore the cries of such an innocent being?

Probably psychologists would answer that better, but analysis can neither the people who lost their lives back nor would that help to prevent the occurrence of such incidents, because as far as I have heard, many of the individuals who suffer from lack of stability in their mental health do not show the symptoms very often.

What's your view regarding incidents of such brutality?

Yes... as you said their past life makes them to drive to that extreme levels.....and also you are right that people who lack mental stability does not show their symptoms often. They actually behave like a normal people, sometimes we may not even believe that a particular person could have done any such brutal things...and according to me, a person who is identified with this kind of mental defect should be separated from the normal society and of course treatment should also be given, but what is the assurance that these incidents will not be repeated again….. and some childhood registrations of such brutal things would have been in his subconscious mind….a person gives what he gets…. If he gets love, he gives love and same as this case I feel……

I can't for the life of me fathom how any human being could even go crazy enough to do something this terrible. How can you even consider taking the lives of random human beings that you don't even know, that have never done any thing to you that you don't even know? It is my understanding one of the victoms was a 6 year old child. That is just beyond insane.There is no way to justify this kind of action. I don't care if you had a crappy childhood, or your boss picked on you, there is no reason to loose your mind in a manner like this. Lots of people have tramatic lives and they don't get off by killing random people. Something is seriously wroung with this sicko. I sure hope he gets culled from the gene pool.

Yes, exactly my point, but the difficulty that is usually faced is that it is not that easy to identify such psychos, sometimes they exhibit the most humorous behavior and at times they are as playful as kids. They are found mingling within the society yet their thinking is quite harmful and definitely not normal. The worst part is that they make and carry out the best plans for a massacre and are hardly found the acts that took several lives.We all know that cannot be termed sanity but if they are insane, then how can that be known so that innocent people do not have to give their lives up?