xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinoymalayil

Javascript Function Or Flash Swf Is Better?

Hi all,I would like to implement image tranition in my local website, which will be good when consider the loading speed, implementing the javascript function or to create an flash swf in the website?.Swf requires the adobe flash player in the client system. Please reply.Regards,TInoy

If it is possible, I think you would need to go with Javascript function and CSS which would do the same thing as the adobe flash. Personally I block flash content and don't really care about it, even though some people turns off Javascript, but I guess most of websites for them doesn't work.So I would go with Javascript and CSS to accomplish image transition.I personally am using jQuery Cycle plugin, which is easy to implement and is really good to use, is cross browser, even works on IE6 :)http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/

Thank you for this excelent link Quatrux.Some advantages of using flash when images are embed are that- the images are drastically compressed - scripts and images are enclosed in a single fileThis means that your page will be loaded more quickly and generate less hits in the server,Another advantage may be that its more easy to customize then javascript, witch is pure code.

I prefer Javascript because a lot of people don't have Flash (for example, mobile clients using iOS). Along with this, I think JS has a much smaller footprint all-around than Flash since you can use a small script instead of an app.