xisto Community
tinoymalayil

To Set User's Geographic Location With Javascript

Hi All,I have seen my Geographic location when ever i visit Google's website. How can i set the user's geographic location in my website with the javascript. Any third party provides the javascript template to get the user's geographic location. By getting the user's geographic location, we can change the language of the webpage according to the geographic location. This will be hepful, when we develop multilingual website. Expect a good solution.Regards,Tinoy

Hi Tinoy, The best way, in my opinion, to set the language according to the visitor is through the language browser. You can get it, server-side, in the environment variables of php, and then send the appropriate page to your visitor.

Hi Tinoy,The best way, in my opinion, to set the language according to the visitor is through the language browser. You can get it, server-side, in the environment variables of php, and then send the appropriate page to your visitor.

I agree with his idea. To help you out, the variables you'll need are HTTP_USER_AGENT and HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE. Those will give you information not only on the language of the browser, but also the client itself (which allows you to account for mobile vs. desktop and whatnot as well).