xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sharmiladevi

Having Kid Around

It is an amazing experience to have a kid around us. The situation of the house changes when a kid is there in that particular place, of course, many feel fresh themselves after they interact with a kid (of course for quite some time ;) ). It’s a true fact that by seeing them we can learn how to keep ourselves busy the whole day. One more interesting fact I have noticed is that they don’t get exhausted as we do after quite long time period of our chores. So in my perception, the tiredness actually is due to when we do a certain job, we not only concentrate on that, some other thought processes are also running at the back of our mind, but in the case of our kids, if they play, they only play putting their whole lot concentration in that and they enjoy themselves in that. So even if we try to follow that in our life, I think it will help a bit. We also think that our kids are too small to understand anything, but they understand lot more than we do, so we have to be very careful while talking to them, while behaving in front of them, each and every move they watch. Having a kid, I learnt patience, which was once upon a time far away from me. I really enjoy being with my child, but after sometime, I will not be able to cope up with her energy levels, which will make my energy to degenerate, at that time, I will go for a brief nap along with her, and then again my battery will be charged. Sometimes, I feel free when she goes school for a short period of time, but even in her absence with my work on, her each and every thought relish me like anything. It is also a must that we should be always alert when we have them around, otherwise, the above-mentioned good experience turn upside down, which happened in my case, when I left the Paracetamol syrup bottle in the table, which was reachable for her hand, as it was a flavor with a strawberry base, she really loved having it and she gulped it once, after I came from the kitchen, I was really shocked to see that bottle, then immediately called up doctor to seek advice, he asked how much she had, even I was not sure about that quantity, then told me see for her symptoms, if she sleeps a lot or vomits, asked her to bring her to the hospital and also told to have a visit anyway and we rushed, but fortunately everything was normal.

That is absolutely correct! It is pretty engaging to have a kid in the house,I do remember instances when my sister-in-laws left their kids behind with me and I had to take care of all their necessities and tantrums as well. One of my nephews is a real trouble maker,and he would drive the hell out of me, yet there was some sort of a pleasure that I derived while handling him,As soon his parents would come to pick him up, there would be a vacuum that I would experience.I do not have any kids yet but can very well understand how filling an experience would be to have a kid around.

Actually..the fact is when we play with kids..we become kids..And they enjoy life bcoz they dont have any tensions and worries and what they feel is whatever they do,parents are behind to protect them in any case.But after reaching a particular age,they start to feel that there have some responsibility in their life.That is the point they start to feel the tension and totally everything changes..That is life..

Funny, no kids in the house here, but your story sounds just like what I am going threw with my new puppy. I can't believe the energy levels this dog has! I get tired just watching her. Her naps, or my rest break however, are when I just open the door and let her outside to burn off some of that energy. Thankfully, we live on an acreage, and away from the highway, so she is quite safe outside on her own, and can really run off some steam, giving me a chance to catch my breath. And just like a kid, she will get into things she isn't supposed to, like the trash cans, and not 5 minutes ago I had a pile of shredded paper to clean up in my bedroon floor. The dangers here come when a child (or puppy) is suddenly introduced into a home where there wasn't one before. Single adults tend to forget how curious children (and puppies) are and how easy it is for them to get into things they shouldn't have, like medicines, trash, guns, electric cords, and all the other household dangers you forget about when you don't have kids around.