xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sharmiladevi

Nestle-Gerber Baby Food Recall Warning

“URGENT!!! For all parents, Nestle is asking for everyone to return all GERBER BANANA BABY FOOD expiring 2012 because they may contain glass. Please copy and paste for all babies safety. Batch code 7613033089 73, even if you`re not a parent please copy - you could save a baby`s life”

This was a news that has been circulated in the Facebook for quite some time, which I thought to be true, well thought of sharing it too, then thought, “fine let me give it a look”, there I came across another link, which claimed the above message to be untrue and also there it was mentioned that the product recall affected only a specific range of French products, It seems that the recall was issued back in mid 2011 and majority of the products seemed to have been returned and claimed that it has nothing to do with Gerber Company, which is a US subsidiary of Nestle.

Source

It takes many years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to ruin when there is a flaw at particular point, so mere building may not be as tough as maintaining the same.
Edited by moderator
anything directly from the source website should be put under quote tags (see edit history)

Right! i also got a link shared by my friend..The moment i saw that i understood that it was a fake message circulating around.If it was a real news,it would have been broadcasted in all tv channels and so on.The people who are using the product for their babies would have thrown it in the dustbin after seeing these message. They know that the message is 99% fake but still they dont want to risk the life of their kids for that mere 1%..