xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ananya

When Did You Last Felt Oxymoronic?

Oxymoron as per English dictionary stands out to be the figure of speech that connects words carrying conflicting meanings.Words mostly used by writers like deafening silence can be well sought of as instances of oxymorons.But the most weird description of a person I once went through was "He is cruely kind" that made me wonder of his actual trait.Is he kind or is he cruel?May be here in this case the last word in the phrase describes his actual trait.He is kind and the word cruely is just to give an emphasis on the extent of kindness he bears in him.How many people/situations in your life you have come across whom you can describe through sentences carrying such words that are antithesis of each other.

I seem to have met more than my fair share of really strange people in my life. Seems like I draw them like a magnet. One that jumps to mind I could use the oxymoron to describe as an honest liar. Used to know this woman who would tell the dangdest stories you ever heard in your life. Supposedly she claimed she worked as a Hollywood stunt woman, and personally knew Elvis Presely, and John Wayne. I remember when the duke died she came in to the restuarant where I worked all crying and upset because he had died and they were such good buddies. Now granted, I suppose those wild tails could of been true, but I always had some serious doubts about them. So finally the opportunity presented itself for me to set her up and find out just exactly the kind of liar she was. It started when I gave her this dog. Shortly after I gave it to her, apparently she asked this other fellow to put the dog down for her, she didn't want it anymore, and he came to me and told me about it. He also brought me the dog back, so I actually had possesion of the dog. Then every time I saw her for the next several months I would ask her about the dog. I let all my co-workers in on the little secret, so they could all see her for what she was. She went on for months telling me how wonderful this dog was and how her hubby cared so much about it and all these special training classes they took the dog to and how intelligent it was and how it could do all these amazing tricks and just all kinds of BS. I never did tell her that I had the dog back.