xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Peaktao

Some People Can't Enter Into My Site!

Hi,I have a website hosted by Xisto.Some of my friends have experience a problem of not being able to access my homepage. The message which appears is either 'the server is too busy' or " communication problem. Either the server is down or it is too busy"But the problem isssRight after my friend told me, I went to the website myself and it was working fine.So I told my friend to try again, and she still couldn't. :D So then I tried to send her other pages from my website, but she still couldn't enter....anyone please help me see what the problem actually is.Is it because my page is too big (much to load) or is it because Xisto is too busy (but why can I access it at the same time)...or is it just my friend? (although more than one of my friends have had the same problem.Note:1. we are in different countries.2. I'm using broadband and my friend is using dial-up.3. Maybe if you wanna try...go to...http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Let me know if you can enter it...and maybe tell me which country you are trying to access it from and whether you are using dial-up or broadband.Thanks a millionnn :D

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ working fine on my end. are those THAI characters you have there? well, i see them :D on dial-up, in asia.

Yeah im not having any problems with it at all. The pages come up perfectly. Must be something wrong on your end, maybe with your ISP or something. Just guessing. :D

it doesn't work for me as many many other sites in Xisto.... it even doesn't open in firefox for me... i'd really like to know what's this about..because i can enter some sites in Xisto but not the others...:D

Thank you for the replies...Yes, the letters are Thai.Actually, I asked my other friend to check. She's trying to enter from Thailand. and She is using broadband. She can't go into my site either. (at the same time as she's entering, I entered as well..and it worked fine for me)So it would be great if someone knows what this is all about (just like Katiff was saying)

Maybe its a parental censoring filter/firewall that isnt working right? Or maybe an issue with her isp. It displays fine here.

i am also able to see it (north america). i think the problem is also what casanova suggests. it is a problem on your friends end. It could either be a local computer problem (firewall, parental control, etc.) or it could be an ISP problem where they block certain IP addresses or even countries. I believe Xisto servers are located in India and, in general, India is not a welcome place for internet traffic. I know in North America, there are always conditions that say they will not accept stuff from India because of the fraud from there. It's also a big deal in China too. Fraud, i mean. but, before people start spouting off about me being racist or whatever.. It is just the facts. like 1/3 of fraudulant products come from China alone.

I thought that only email traffic from certain countries was blocked because of the massive ammount of spam generated there. No ISP would go as far as blocking all webpages too.

the ISP probably would block webpages too. they probably block based on IP address and I'll bet there has been a few spammers that have gone through Xisto. (remember the paypal scam that was caught on Xisto?)

Thanks for your replies.I don't think it's the problem with the country generally..as my friends try to access it from Thailand (not China or India)...And most of my friends in the country can see it.But now I think there's some evidence pointing to ISP , as those who can't access might be using the same network provider. Will definitely check...and let you know.. :D ....so saddd..

I'm pretty sure it was the ISP who blocked it, Roadrunner and some aol isps block .tk domains, and I'm pretty sure there must be many isps who block web pages. Can they enter Xisto.com? Try giving them other links to Xisto.com hostees.