xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amezis

I Forgot A Code History -1

Hey uh.. bjrn, is that JavaScript? Also, what's up with that a href='#' thing? I mean, why is it '#' and not just ''? Sorry Amezis, I don't mean to take over your topic. >_>

There's another way to do that, but it's still the same thing:

<a href="javascript:history.back(1);">Back</a><a href="javascript:history.go(-1);">Back</a>

That one just doesn't use the # in the code. I think JavaScript is the only way to do that (Correct me if I'm wrong). If I made a mistake, please let me know, as I don't normally use this code.

wooow is that jokeEvery browers has nexk nad preview page buttoni think its old scriptand its jsp script but i think you can make easy link next and back in every pages woow if you had 10000 page :D its really funyou can find jsp code that automatic insert next and back pages on your page

I know that, lol, but some people are too dumb to click on the back button... And on my 'error'-pages (like 403,404 etc), I use a link with 'back'...

It has nothing to do with JSP. It is plain java script.yeah, true that u can use the back button. but in certain cases, you need to go back on certain event on the page.. it can be used then. Also giving a link to previous and next pages is desired sometimes(previous just for good gui design) . for next you need to go back to server, but for the previous a simple javascript wud do, since it is available right there....Cheers