xisto Community

I was last sunday in my aunt house and suddenly we start to talk about all the woman who suffer the male violence here in my country... But In middle of discussion we remember to some guy who lived with his wife and he found her cheating with a neighbor in his own bed and he wanted to hit her but he controlled himself and forgive her because they were christians and his wife asked for his forgiveness. Of course it wasn´t easy for him to forgive her... how can be this easy not? :PSix months later he found his wife cheating him with one of his friends in some mall and he prefered don´t say her nothing and when she arrived to the house he beat her and broke his arm, some ribes and the mandibule with a broomstick. Of course hearing the scandale the neighbors called the cops who arrested him and incredibly in the trial the judge(a woman) gives him 22 years of prison.My opinion is: The man has rigth to beat his woman when she is cheating him. Only imagine all the humillation you think you can control yourself?? How...That is my opinion the women sometimes are so.... better I don´t say more :angry: :angry: :angry:

Are you serious....I hope not.'The man has the right to beat HIS woman'......jeeez what is this, the dark ages?

Edited by Bikerman (see edit history)

Fermin,There are limits to physical violence that must not be crossed. A slap on the wrist, a slap across the cheek, or a punch in the belly would not cause physical harm but would only cause humiliation and pain. When physical violence leads to bleeding, scarring, fractures, or any permanent damage, it is inhumane. We see reports of police brutality, soldiers attacking civilians, and violence on campus and all of these are examples of cases in which violence crosses acceptable limits.Bikerman,You've rightly pointed out the fact that all human life must be respected.

Please don't agree with me...anyone who thinks that a punch in the belly is somehow acceptable doesn't live in my universe.Anyone who uses the word 'only' in front of the words 'humiliation and pain' is so far away from my world that anytime they agree with me causes me worry.

'The man has the right to beat HIS woman'......jeeez what is this, the dark ages? - by Bikerman

I fully support the above view. Will beating someone make her a faithful and a loyal wife? But definitely beating her will turn a man into a savage. Beating can't be used as a tool to turn a devastated marriage relationship into a healthy one.Rather it will spoil the relationship more.Moreover such an act is truly unacceptable.If one can't withstand such acts of his wife then just get rid of her by giving divorce.But you can't treat her like an object to keep her within your own possession. Now just tell me how many wives in India are able to beat their husbands on account of disloyalty? I find cases of disloyalty by husbands towards their wives every now and then. Just because they are women so they are subject to a condition of bearing all this.Is this the way you men think of women?Generations after generations women are bearing tortures both physical and mental from their husbands.At times they want to get get rid of all this but still can't either for the sake of their children or for the sake of people and society around them.Its a shame that you recommend all this just because one is a man and has got full right to do so.

he should of annuled the marriage the cheating b***** would get nothing but beating her she has the right to half of anything he owns.but i don't agree that violence is the right way to handle a cheating wife he should of just threw her out and file for divorce in grounds of Adultery.

I have very little use for a man who strikes a woman. No excuse for that, even under these circumstances.My grandmother would be spinning in her grave if I was to ever hit a woman.And my Mother would beat me.

Well, I would say that this is not a wise method of handling her. she was a culprit and finally he was behind the bars, so he must have used his brain to tackle her in a right way rather than getting emotional and being brutal like this. pity on him...

I'm also against beating of women, but also men -- violence doesn't resolve anything, even in these circumstances. My response to a cheater would be to just end the relationship right there; there's really no reason to do anything else, and if I can't trust someone in a relationship then there's no reason for me to stay in it (or if they don't trust me).I'm just as against women who hit their cheating boyfriend/husband. There's just no need for it.

Please don't agree with me...anyone who thinks that a punch in the belly is somehow acceptable doesn't live in my universe.Anyone who uses the word 'only' in front of the words 'humiliation and pain' is so far away from my world that anytime they agree with me causes me worry.

A punch in the belly isn't really that bad, unless it is hard enough to cause injury. I've had friends who would greet each other with a punch in the belly. It's like each trying to mock the other for being too fat. Or maybe they just picked it up from watching Aladdin. Then again, I've even had friends who would try to trip each other, which I thought may have been a bit extreme, except that neither of them fell over. Sure, it came as a shock when I first saw them do such a thing, but one has to be open to different cultures.