xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
freespeech2012

Greatest Sport?

So which is the world’s greatest sport?Cricket, Soccer, Basketball, Motorsports?Is Team game more fun or individual sport more exciting?If I say Golf is the best sport in the world, (and even if the majority of world population supports it, would it then be considered the best sport, or wouldn’t that just make it the most popular sport.)But I guess, a reasonable yardstick is indeed ‘popularity’. The sport that most people follow gets the most support and this helps it gain widespread popularity. Cricket is a sport that is mostly played the countries that are part of the Commonwealth Nations and is the most watched and followed sport in India. So in terms of numbers, (with a billion people in India and say another half a billion from the other cricket playing nations put together) Is this then one of best known sport in the world?Sport revolves around skilled athletes, words like ‘endurance’ ‘stamina’ ‘strength’ ‘skill’ are very much relevant in the scheme of things. Other elements like history and legacy of the sport, the physical and mental endurance level of athletes also feature as important criteria in making a sport gain recognition and acceptance.But what do you think is what’s important to make any sport the ‘best sport’?Should we remain self contained in the IPLs and T20s or should we do more to get accustomed and make our mark in the world sports arena?

I've probably mentioned this before, and I am surprised to see you didn't even include it in your list of greatest sports, but honestly, as far as I'm concerned there is only one real sport. Rodeo. Everything else is just childs play.