xisto Community

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
post-128009-0-28889300-1334810642_thumb.jpg
The famous American TV host: Richard Wagstaff Clark”, passed away yesterday (18/4/12), due to a heart attack, he was 82 years old.

He started his carrier in 1947 with WRUN-AM, NY as an office worker, who was later asked to fill in for the weatherman temporarily. In 1952 he began broadcasting a show called Bob Horns Bandstand, which later took the name American Bandstand. In 1972 he produced and hosted New Year’s Rocking Eve. He also spent a good time hosting the Top-40 radio countdown.

In his personal life he was married three times. He suffered a stroke in 2004, where his speech was impaired. He also had type-2 diabetes.
Edited by moderator (see edit history)

Yes, I heard this one on the news today too. Very sad. I suppose a lot of the young whipper snappers here won't remember him from the great old Rock and Roll show, "American Bandstand." Some of the most famous rock groups ever to hit the airwaves and concert tours got started on his stage. Even Elvis made American Bandstand. I remember seeing it when my parents were around and how they used to complain about Rock and Roll the same way I'm sure parents complain about whatever kind of music kids listen to today.