xisto Community
mrdee

Anyone Here Who Knows Adobe Acrobat Well?

I was wondering if there are people here who have a sound knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, or at least Adobe Acrobat Reader.I have the following question:I want to print out sheet music (in PDF format), but, as is usually the case for organ music, I want it to be printed out in Landscape rather than Portrait. What I am asking here might sound simple or straightforward, but it really is not.The problem is, when I click on "Landscape" in the Orientation part of the Print menu, it does indeed print out in what it thinks to be Landscape, but the file is printed in Portrait in the middle of the horizontal page, rather than being orientated horizontally, ie. evenly spaced over the horizontal page from left to right, rather than being squashed in the middle of the page.Is there anyone who has a sound enough knowledge of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat reader to tell me whether the thing I wish to achieve is possible at all, and, if it is, how it has to be done to get what I want.Any help will be very much appreciated.

The score is actually a graphic image encapsulated in adope postscript (most probably).What you need to do, therefore, is rotate the image. Not knowing the exact image and which version of adobe you are using, it is difficult to give specific advice. Is the document protected, for example?

post-46682-0-80973800-1334797824_thumb.jpgpost-46682-0-16874800-1334797724_thumb.jpgI use Adobe Acrobat Reader X version 10.1.3.As far as I know, the document is not protected.I have attached a screen shot of one of the images, rotating does not seem to be very helpful.(See second screenshot).Thank you for your input so far. Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

That looks OK to me....the core should appear rotated 90 degrees and will them print out the same - is that not what you want?

Thanks again for your reaction.No, that is not what I want,However, I was thinking, it probably will not work unless the file is scanned in Landscape format, where, instead of, as you can see in screenshot #1, which is a normal portrait file, but when printed in landscape, it appears just like you see it, but small and in the middle of the page.I want it to be spread evenly from left to right on the page, but, as I said, the file probably has to be scanned in landscape then.(Can't find a file to provide a screenshot of how I want it immediately, but I think you get the idea now).I find it difficult to explain, but, organ books are usually printed horizontally, meaning the book's width is bigger than the height.That is how I would want the printed file to appear.Anyway, thank you for your help so far.PS. I did find a file which sort of shows the format I want.I attached another screenshot.post-46682-0-35811700-1334828151_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

Ahh...well, that can be done but you will need to export the original images from the pdf document and I don't think Reader allows that option.Basically you need to get at the image in some format - jpg most likely - and then stretch it using a simple graphics app. To extract the jpgs from the pdf google and you should find some apps to help.

Hello friends,Adobe Acrobat, a program that was developed by Adobe systems to create, view, and modify PDFs, is the king in the PDF creation. The PDF format is widely used all over the world, mainly because of its powerful features and because the format cannot be modified. Creating documents through Adobe Acrobat is also quite easy.Best ragardsVicky Milza