xisto Community
duptyfied

You Have Been Duptyfied!

Hi, am from Mumbai – India. I’d prefer you know me as Dupty, this is what my dad calls me because when I was small, I would call a bed sheet “dupty” and at bedtime when I would tucked in my dad and mum, I would ask them: ‘I dupty you’ and they would reply 'yes' and since then the name has stuck on.I am very much a free thinker and being conservative does not appeal to me. I prefer making decision in my life as God leads me and I do not appreciate people who try to dictate terms to me no matter how good or bad their intention may be. I like being an independent spirit.I also love swimming, internet radio, motorbikes, cycling, karaoke, reading and writing. I like meeting up with my buddies - going out for a beer and ‘Snickers’ is my favorite candy bar.

Hello DuptyA very big welcome to Xisto.The forum where you will find everyone very friendly and everyone very helpful.so if you have any questions or you need help with anything dont be afraid to ask.You will have seen their are plenty of topics to post in to earn your mycents.I think the story about your nick name is funny mine is because im a Nanna to two beautiful grandaughters and a grandson who is due in september.I see you interested in cycling so am i i follow cycling on the TV like the tour of flannders,Gent wevelgem.paris rebauix and the tour of france to name but a veiw.I see you have a pet dog i have five dogs four of which are Labradors two blacl a golden and a chocolate my fifth dog is a mongrel and is the ripe old age of sixteen.Theirs names Mozart 16 Lucky 7 Dido 2 the only *BLEEP* Marley and Gaston 5 months.Our two eldest labradors became parent last halloween and presented us with eight puppies which we kept two of them.Well i look forward to seeing you around the forum and i look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome Duptyfied. Great introduction and I am glad we have another dog lover on the forum. What kind of dog is Rip Van Winkle? I love a good dog breed guessing game. On a side note, being conservative doesn't mean you want anybody trying to dictate terms to you. Some one conservative can be the most independant free spirited person you could ever meet and they can still be conservative.

It's good to hear about how you got your nickname and how it stuck. I am guessing that your dog is in its late years because that's when they become less possessive and adopt a dont-care attitude and simply lie on the ground enjoying their sunset years. It's always sad to see a pet go, whether it was its time or not.I haven't got a dog yet but the thought of getting one makes me wonder how I would have it looked after when I'm away. I'd have to get an SUV or MUV to take it along when on trips and I can't spare the kind of money to replace my sedan right now. Speaking of the sedan, it was a college-going present that my dad bought me and I'm still working toward a graduate degree. Thinking about puppies makes me feel there's an ever greater responsibility for me - finding someone to give away puppies to is hard enough but the thought of having to part with the puppies is even harder. I would probably keep the whole lot and I know that would become a very expensive affair.