xisto Community
paulab

What Is The Best Site That Offers Training And Certification For Freelance Writers?

Your take on the fast access site  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yesterday I came across a site called Fast Access Writing, which is offering training materials and tests for freelance writers and even according to them, ‘connect’ writers with their partner clients. So I decided to write this post to share what I learned about the site and also get information on whether there is another similar and better site that others have come across.

The site still seems to be in its initial formative stages. so the training information is not that deep. However, from the chart on their about us page showing what the site is supposed to cover, it should have a common lot of helpful information. For instance, there is a section on mistakes that writers make and these are supposedly extracted from work written by freelance writers. Other sections that I thought helpful include the one on Common Sense and What Is Required.

The other thing about the site is the test. I’ve not yet tried it yet but from what I gathered, one is suppose to do the test to be graded then the results are handed over to clients. so far, the only form of grading I know is whereby clients ask for a sample of one’s work then decide whether one is fit to be their writer from what one writes. I actually visited one of their said partners, Espring content.com and true there are various jobs with various levels.

So, I would like to know whether there are other sites similar to fast access writing that offer training and tests for writers.

Edited by paulab (see edit history)

I'm going to venture out and say that as a writer, I really don't like their site.Not to be rude, but their writing isn't proper and even their main page contains multiple errors. As a result, I have the feeling that following their "guides" may very well lead to problematic writing.

I’d like to dispute the above comment. The grammar might not be impeccable but the site is not meant to train journalists either. To answer your question Paulab, I haven’t come across a similar site so far . I did the Fast success test last week and I like the idea. its not hard btw coz you only need to write a few short passages, find mistakes in written content and so forth – you can see their test overview here. my advice is to take the tests if you are not a native English speaking writer but you are looking for better paying jobs

You can also try distance learning from The Writer’s Bureau.It’s a one to four year distance learning from the UK. The fee in Indian Rupess is 19900, and they will train you as to how to write for various genres, they will even help you explore the writing market.For an Indian writer, a thousand word article will go for £200 i.e. about Rs.15000. So it is not a bad living to be made for a passionate writer to even sell two such articles in a month to a magazine.You may request for free details from the URL below.http://www.writersbureau.com/index.php?source=ppc&gclid=CPXTm6CqtK8CFUx76wodtWxUiA