xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rpgsearcherz

Mycents Earnings Changes

Hey all, I'm curious as to if any of you long-time members have noticed a massive change in MyCents and the amount you earn. I took a break for a few months due to getting caught up with some thing in real-life, as well as had issues with the lack of others posting here (there were many days with 0 posts at all for 24 hours, and sometimes as many as 2-3 days with 0 posts).Now that I'm back, I went through and replied/took part in many different topics. But what I've noticed is that earnings are so low now that they are almost non-existent. As an example, prior to my break 10 posts would be about $0.80 or so (usually more -- I was getting up to $0.20 per depending on a lot of factors). But as of now, with 15-20 posts I don't even pass the $0.50 mark.Curious as to if others have run into the same thing. As it is, there's no way I can see it being possible to keep up my site's hosting considering at the moment I run $28 or so a year for domains and another $72 or so for the hosting itself. At the current rate that'd be around 3,000-4,000 posts needed a year, and due to the lack of activity that's really a long shot.Is there anything else we can do to help keep up our hosting? Some of us have been here for multiple years (I've been here 4.5 myself) and have never gotten warnings, been in trouble, etc. and have taken great pride in both the site and our own accomplishments. It just feels like all of it's going to waste now.

Hi!I believe the MyCENTs earnings did go up recently, or maybe the script is running more frequently than it did a few months ago. I do agree that there the MyCENTs are harder to come by than several years ago, which I believe may be the result of lower advertising revenue - back in the day, advertising rates were much higher than they are right now.I believe making a few postings every day can still get you a dollar every day, but if you are in need of more hosting packages than you are able to earn in MyCENTs, you might be able to get some help by partnering with one of the other members of the forum and creating a site together.

Hi!
I believe the MyCENTs earnings did go up recently, or maybe the script is running more frequently than it did a few months ago. I do agree that there the MyCENTs are harder to come by than several years ago, which I believe may be the result of lower advertising revenue - back in the day, advertising rates were much higher than they are right now.

This definitely makes sense. I hadn't really thought of it that way. The MyCents do in fact appear to be counted more often, but when the amount of them is lower it doesn't really benefit as much, :P.