xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darko100

Music While Studying

Recently i was reading some studies that show that you can improve your memory and concentration if you play music while studying. The point is that the music should be from all frequencies and it should sound like the white noise on our TVs...So i made a little research and found out these websites:https://simplynoise.com/ this one is for Android/iOS (never tried it , it's not free , it's 1$)http://www.rainymood.com/ tried this one , and really helps. totally changes the ambient ^_^http://naturesoundsfor.me/ this one is pretty hacky and it has many features.It really helped me out while studying for exams.

I think the quality of sound has a huge impact on the effectiveness as well. When using these things, it's been said that it's better to use noise-canceling headphones that are comfortable, as opposed to just having speakers up. More or less you want to completely immerse yourself, :).

Thanks for the rainymood, it really is quite good, I like the sound of that rain.In addition, when studying I remember I used to like to listen to music, but sometimes I wanted total silence, because I couldn't concentrate.

Rainy mood, Yuck, that one sucks. Rain storms can be fine if you are wanting to go to sleep, but if you want to be alert and bright like to study, I don't think it would work worth a hoot. Rain can be depressing after awhile. Personally, I'd way rather listen to old time rock and roll in the background. Always makes me feel brighter and more alert.

I usually prefer earphone while study because it makes my mind free from any other thought .Basically i use to lesion soft song while I do programming or Some calculations. Try this you will love this.

But the idea is that all-frequency tune makes your brain work best (uses whole capacity).Having a soft song ( I prefer acoustic guitar solos) is good also , but it makes you feel relaxed , not focused and intrested which is not good for studying.:)

I checked out the Rainymood site using my headphones and I have to say, it really does have an effect. When you can drown out all outside noise (TV, others talking, animals, etc.) you can really immerse yourself.I've been using the site pretty much since my last post, whether I'm sitting here reading, writing or studying. And I seem to be able to concentrate significantly better and I feel a lot better as well.I will say, though, that sometimes it makes me shiver as if I'm really outside in the rain, :P.

Recently i was reading some studies that show that you can improve your memory and concentration if you play music while studying. The point is that the music should be from all frequencies and it should sound like the white noise on our TVs...
So i made a little research and found out these websites:
https://simplynoise.com/ this one is for Android/iOS (never tried it , it's not free , it's 1$)
http://www.rainymood.com/ tried this one , and really helps. totally changes the ambient ^_^
http://naturesoundsfor.me/ this one is pretty hacky and it has many features.

It really helped me out while studying for exams.

I think you are right. I can give my own example. I used to listen music using my headphone while reading or solving mathematical problems. It is a great way to make your mind calm and to concentrate on your work. Music is also pain killer. You will feel better after hearing some melodious music.

Guys, I too study while listening to music. Well, this is something not everybody can do; even I couldn’t do it until a few years back. There is a misconception however, that with listening to music and studying, you can enjoy the music while you study, which is only true for those who have been doing it for some time and are experienced at it. Those novices who try to enjoy the music while studying rarely get around to putting their mind to their work.If you want to start listening to music while studying then, I would suggest that you take some music, which you find really boring and play these on speakers not on ear phones, for a start. This will help by the music not grabbing too much of your attention and leaving you with enough concentration to focus on your study.Once you get into the groove of listening to music and studying, then you can study and work for extended periods of time with less fatigue. Another advantage of studying with music is that this is sound/noise which is pleasing and predictable, which is good to get used to, compared to sudden unpleasant distractions when you are in an environment which you have no control over.I must however say that even when you get all this right, there will still be some times when you will just want to study in silence.

Using music to study helps in staying focused. I'm assuming you mean some quiet soothing music or perhaps some instrumental music. If you have music with words, you would be more focused on the lyrics of the song than on the study material so that's something that you do not want to listen to. However, a lot of people I know can listen to just about any kind of music and can study, so whatever I have stated may only apply to me. Ever mind is different, so your views may be further divergent.

I also study with headphones on but these past few days, whenever I review, I usually go to a quiet place to make myself more focused on studying. But I guess it doesn't make a good effect since the silence kinda irritate my ears. Sometimes, I'll just turn on the TV but I can't help it but to watch the show. <_< I think I'm more accustomed in listening to music while studying. When I was in review for college entrance exams, my seatmate kept playing distracting music. I just don't like the genre of the song and even if he's using earphones, I can still hear it. This made me annoyed and a bit distracted. :mellow: So for me, I like studying with the music I like.I have seen some people who wants a complete silence when they study. They get annoyed when they hear noise or even music. In this case, it varies from person to person.

When i was a child and i studied it was in our front room where we all sat as a family and the television was on as parents would be watching the television so i was easlie distracted as i find any noise going on around me and i loose concentration even now being a lot more older.We never had anywhere quiet in the house to study quietly and our bedrooms we never used only to sleep in until we were about 15 when we used our bedroom to study or use for quiet time or alone time.And also we never had earphones or personal stereos to listen to music to ourselfs although i dont think i would be able to study listening to music through earphones as i would be more aware of the music.I think you can study more better in silence that is my opinion.

Sometimes it does happen that if you listen to the kind to the music that you really like while studying, it might take to diverting your attention from studies or that might work to tighten you up as music for some act as source of energy. As far as my pick is concerned, I am a die hard fan of any genre of music and do sing a bit myself even while studying or working, I really enjoy music which is more on the softer side in these cases, it in fact helps me concentrate better and helps preventing my brain getting overloaded an ultimately turning clueless or confused.