xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mich

Strip Tumble Up The Ramp

Well I broke down and agreed to take a plane to Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. I usually travel by train. I swear I don't know why I have trouble with flying. Anyway, when we arrived in Las Vegas as I was going up the jet ramp, I tripped and wrenched my foot. What a way to start off our vacation. :( My daughter got me to a hospital where it was determined that I had broken a bone in my foot. Thank heaven she knew about mobility scooters, as her husband has Multiple Sclerosis and uses one. She called a mobility scooter rental company and ordered one for me for the length of our stay. The first 48 hours was hectic, but after that my vacation was a blast. She couldn't keep up with me, so she ordered herself a scooter as well. We were able to scooter all up and down the strip and up town to Fremont Street. Buses were very accommodating. Enjoyed my vacation dispite all. :D I don't think I will be traveling by plane again anytime soon. Trains are the most fun anyway. You meet all kinds of different people from different countries and have time to exchange wonderful conversations with them. :) Edited by Mich (see edit history)

Eeek, what a crummy way to start a vacation. I'm glad you thought of the scooter thing though, and it sounds like everything turned out pretty good despite getting off to a very rocky start. Hope your foot is better now.

Hey everybody, the foot took its time healing. Spent most of the summer knitting while the foot got better. What a hot summer we had here in Michigan. Miserable to have to stay indoors with foot elevated. :(

On to better times. Foot all healed and I am off to Hawaii. :) We will travel out to San Francisco, California, USA, by Amtrak train; no more plane travel. :unsure: Then we cruise over to Hawaii, visit Hilo, Kauai, Maui, and Honolulu and then off to Ensenada, Mexico. The cruise ship will then travel up the west coast back to San Francisco. After a short stay in San Francisco area, we return home by Amtrak aboard the California Zephyr to Chicago, Illinois, USA, and catch the local back to Holland, Michigan, USA. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving, my husband's birthday, and our 25th anniversary aboard ship. See everybody when we get back in December. :D