xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ritu

Do You Believe In Rebirth?

Do you believe in rebirth? It is vividly discussed in Buddhism, the whole circle of life, the path to one's liberation are all thorough eye- openers. Rebirth or reincarnation is actually the transfer of a soul into another body, which is again the proportionate outcome of your actions in the present life. It is indeed a spiritual awakening to have knowledge about these concepts, but with the fast moving pace of the modern world, for anything to be believed,like rebirth a lot of research has to be done, for which nobody has the time. Are there any concrete examples which signify the concept of rebirth? We live our lives as if there is only one for us ,probably that is responsible for our loss of morals and negligence to what actions we are accomplishing, for we ignore the possibility of rebirth. Some even go to the extent of saying that the ancient philosophies do not hold value today, they think this way for probably they haven't faced any instance or rather not felt about it, when there could be a awakening about the concept. Even in my case, though can't say that I have witnessed rebirth, I have been brought up with values with a spiritual tinge, which make you decisive of good or bad , at least at the basic level. So, can I hope that whatever I have lost in my life would be restored in the next one, if I choose to be practically fair in my actions, I guess I can as there is divine power in hope and this could be a key factor in the occurrence of a significant rebirth.

I do believe in rebirth. How ? its hard to give explanation regarding that but only one approach strikes my mind and that is after every end there is always a new beginning.The day light breaks after a dark night. Dalton's atomic theory states that nothing in this universe can be created nor can be destroyed, I read in class 7 science. May be that is true for atoms but then true death of soul never happens its just the body that changes forms.

I won't say I'm a firm believer in reincarnation, but I have done a lot of reading on the subject, and I think there is a very good possiblilty that it is in fact true. I've read too many accounts of people who know about things that they should of had no knowledge of any other way. And sometimes when I look at humanity in general, I see how some people seem to be as they say, old souls. People who are confident in their actions and at peace with whatever lot in life they have recieved, as if they have learned some important lessons many others of us have missed out on. And then met other people who are just the opposite, shallow, self centered greedy people who care not one whit about anyone or anything but themselves and what the world can do for them. They haven't figured out something like the simple pleasures of life like laughter or love. It's like they need a few more turns at the earth before they figure out what is really important. It does seem that reincarnation could very easily be a natural progress of life and learning and evolving into something better than we were.

Re-birth and the circle of life is discussed in several religions. However, when you do get your re-birth, you would hardly even remember what you did in your previous birth. There is, however, karma that decides what you get re-born as. Some religions state that you can choose to end the cycle of life and death, and you have to surrender to spirituality for such a thing to happen.You should not try to combine spirituality with science because for as long as you accept the scientific theories, laws of physics, and astronomy, your core framework would be incompatible with the spiritual thought processes. The simplest way to understand spirituality is to set aside preconceived notions gained through science and material bonding, and accept the scriptures for what they are. Trying to interpret the applicability of spiritual philosophies to everyday life is harder still and requires that one become an expert in that particular area of spirituality before one can realize the true meaning of the subject simply because the meaning of the text is not usually obvious as soon as you read it.When one does get a sense of a complete disregard for material existence and seeks the means to break the cycle of life and death, he or she achieves what we are all meant to achieve (though do not necessarily achieve) over the thousands and millions of cycles of birth and death.