xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ritu

Indian Version Of Dreams

As I can see many of the posts are about scary dreams or nightmare, more or less everyone has those. In India, the dreams are supposed to have some real significance, it is said that they imply to some future happening in a particular order,about them, varied responses are issued. Like if you dream of a serpent, there is childbirth likely in your family, if it is of an elephant standing calm, then a stage of prosperity is likely to follow, unfortunately if it is an elephant chasing you, then you are gone...... expect the Heavens to fall on you. If you dream of darkness for a long time then too bad luck can drop in., dreaming of Gods always puts you on the safer side, and you can relax that you are the blessed one, when you dream of a person ,very close to you and is dead, it comes with a number of meanings, that person might be feeling to be with you, i.e. is calling you to Heaven or might be trying to give you a message, when you have blood in your dreams, it is again favourable. There are a few more but lets leave it to this extent. Do you have any stories of your dream which have corresponding events taking place?

Edited by ritu (see edit history)

Hummm, now there's something I never thought about. Different parts of the world having different meanings for dreams. I guess since we don't comonly see elephants in this country, they would probably have a different meaning then they would in a country that had them frequently seen about the country side. Most of my dreams I can trace back to my mind venting off steam when I get stressed out from other humans driving me crazy. However, I have a few times had dream that were actually happening or showed an actual situation. I remember one in particular, I had meet this woman at our local growers market some years ago, we were both vendors and got somewhat aquainted, not close or best buds or anything like that, just friendly and talked to each other when we were together at market. She never told me a single thing about their home. Then one night I had this dream about her and her home. Some weeks later she invited me to a party at her place. Imagine my shock when I found that her home actually looked just like the one I dreamed of!

That's exactly what happens to me at times, I often feel, when something is going on, that I have been through the same event earlier, actually nowadays if I dream of something that might be considered to bring misfortune, I try to avoid discussing it with anyone, for they will start assuming a lot of things :P

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. People look at you like you might be a little crazy if you claim to have dreams that fortell the future, or even see things that have already happened that you only witness in your dreams. I'm actually glad it hasn't happened to me all that many times. It's a little creepy. And then whenever I have just a normal dream I worry that a friend may be in trouble you don't know wether to say anything to them about it, because one, you don't want them to think your nuts, or if it was just a regular dream, you don't want to worry them either.