xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Cut It Close Today!

We just about got ourselves in a mess today. We are out of fire wood. Tonight is supposed to be one of the coldest nights we have had yet this winter. And they are predicting a pretty good snow storm tommorow. Hubby went out to cut some wood, and the very first cut he made got the chainsaw stuck in a tree. He came back to the house to get the wedge, and couldn't find it. Hunted for 1/2 an hour, still no wedge, so he headed to town to buy a new on. Of course, it's Sunday, and there was not a wedge in this pathetic little town to buy. So he came home and hunted somemore for the old one, finally found it and headed back to the woods. Well, wasn't just a few minutes that he was back to the house, had the wedge stuck along with the chain saw. So then he went to work on the other chain saw. Worked on it awhile and then discoverd much to his dismay, that he could not find the gas for it. It is a different brand of saw and takes a different gasoline/oil mixture than the other saw, and using the wrong gas can burn it up. After a great deal of swearing, and a call to the hired man to see if he knew where the gas can was, (He didn't of course) I went with him to look and we finally found it. I suppose it was nothing short of a miricle that the other saw actually did start and run. He managed to get the saw and wedge out of the tree finally, and actually cut a little wood. At least enough for tonight. So I guess we will be back out in the snow tommorow cutting enough for one more day. Dang, life can be tough sometimes. But at least I sold a puppy today.