xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Lost Ks?

I got a terrible fright this morning when I went to my favorites list, clicked on Xisto and got a file not found page. I tried several times, tried typing it in, nothing worked. Anyway, I did a Google search and finally found a link that would bring me here. I don't understand what's going on. I'm also worried I won't find it again. And I don't have anybody's personal contact information from here to email or anything. Right now I DO NOT need any more stress in my life. I've had a couple really bad months. Can someone tell me what's going on?

Hello Sheepdog We have had this happen several times both Mrdee and i. We dont understand whats going on either.We have it a couple of times where we couldnt get on Xisto for a whole day.It is a pain as i cant get on everyday because im busy with the family or doing things around the home and when i do get to come and post i dont like being told this page cant be found so i understand what your saying.Lets hope someone who knows why this is happening will post a reply.

Thanks for replying. It's really strange, and I don't need any more confusion right now. I did for the heck of it, leave the site and check my email and then hit KC on my favorite's list and came right back here this time. Still can't get in to check my mycents balance, maybe that will work later too. Sure hope so.

Hi, Sheepdog,

about the MyCents: it appears Opaque is testing a new script to calculate and allocate the MyCents credits, so, that could be a reason for your MyCents problem.

If it carries on, I would raise a ticket with Xisto - Support if I were you.

I have not come across this problem myself, however, the things I have encountered recently were:

-MyCents not upadating, sometimes for a week on the trot, however, the support staff said that was due to the new script, and until the testing was done and the script was ready to run automatically, they were running it manually every day for the time being.

-The site being down, I came across this a few times, and, as Nanna mentioned, on at least one occasion we were unable to get on for a whole day.

I have also noticed lately that the place seems to become quite "lifeless" again, with no new posts, or no posts worth reacting to for a long time, or even your own posts remaining unanswered for a long time or even indefinitely.

I also noticed quite a few spam posts (reported some of them too), which seemed to be left undealt with by the mods.

Hardly inviting to use the place, wouldn't you agree?

They also seem to have made more changes which are not really for the better, as I notice most of the editing and BBCode functions are gone, or at least hidden.

I can't even include a list in my postings, had to mimic one manually.

However, have a look at the top of the place where you are typing and see all the things that have disappeared.

I really do hope they turn this place around again, and fast.

I edited my post to add the following:

I do have the same problem for the first time now. The page where I check my credit total (Xisto) refuses to open.

In this screen (the full editor) I at least have all the editing functions, including the ones I use often and love to use.

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

Well, at least I have managed to find my way back in now, and I have been able to check my mycents but boy what you said about it being Lifeless, I don't know what to do about that! I only have so much imagination to come up with new posts to make. And there just isn't much of anything that a person can reply to. So sad.

Hello SheepdogIm glad im not the only one thats running out of topics to post in.I cant post in any computing topics as i know nothing about programming or computer language and so forth.The same goes for science and other things i have only a few topiccs to post in.It would be really nice to be able to post here everyday or so.Members please give us girls some new topics to post in.