xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nanna

My Dreams

Why do we dream and what makes us dream i have often wondered this.I think dreams are strange things and do they really come true like it says because if they do im still waiting for mine to come true.I know i dream every night as i have the same dream every night and that same dream a few times a night.The dream i have is going to the toilet in what ever the dream about and then i wake up and i need the toilet.Weather im dreaming about a family gathering or im travelling in something in the dream i will squat down some where or i could be sitting on a toilet or in the dream and im in bed i would be wetting the bed it is all so real it is unbelieveable.Another thing i dream about often is loved ones i have lost.The dreams ive had of loved ones ive lost can sometimes be things we have done in the past like when i dream about my mum and dad the dream will be about where we used to go drinking or where we used to go on holidays these dreams are so surreal.I also have lots of dreams about my mum in law and my father in law the dreams i have with my mum in law in make me very happy unfortunately i only had my mum in law in my life for seven months and she was the best mum in law in the world.And when my mum in law is in my dreams i hear her talking to me as though it is real.One of my latest dream was involving our puppy Marley.Marley is a golden labrador and around his nose and mouth he has a black circle i dreamt that the black circle went down his back in a black stripe just like stripe in the gremlins film this dream wierd i know.What i would find interesting is to find out what some dreams mean as i think their must mean something or find out the reason we have some dreams.If somebody knows more about dreams and why we dream please reply to this post.

According to Sigmund Freud “a dream is a disguised fulfillment of a repressed wish”. I think one should give due credit to him for an observation such as this. It is the most well balanced and trustworthy opinion on dreams He has put in a lot of efforts and taken a lot more pains to arrive at this conclusion. I bow to him with due respects. But I believe, there is something more to it. If it is only suppressed wishes that are the origin of our dreams, then why do we dream a lot many things which have no connection whatsoever with our suppressed wishes. For example, I have seen many times snakes, scary situations where I have been subjected to so much of pain and anguish, departed Forefathers etc which, I am almost sure, in most of the cases, were certainly not connected with any suppressed or repressed wishes of mine.

However, I believe that it is an attempt by our subconscious mind, which is the repository of all the memories from our past lives, and is active while we are asleep, to bring into your conscious mind a bit of information from the hitherto unexplored and immeasurable store of the accumulated memories of our past lives. I donot know whether you believe in the theory of past lives or not. To me whatever my forefathers have told about the universe and its inhabitants are gospel truths. Therefore, I believe in past lives.

Though it is difficult for me to provide you with some solid evidences for my point of contention with regards to the dreams i.e. its relationship with past lives, I think it would be possible for anybody to see this connection if contemplated with a little more enthusiasm/interest.