xisto Community
mrdee

Mycents Seems To Have A Lazy Streak

I don't know whether it is the holiday season or whether MyCents has been celebrating a bit too extensively :unsure: , but I started posting quite a number of posts on Sunday, all of considerable length, and none of them in "No post count" topics, but it is now Wednesday and my credit has still not changed.Has the script stopped running temporarily or something?I think it is unusual for the script not to update the credits in three days, OK, sometimes it can take a day or two, and, according to what I read somewhere (I do not know whether it is true or what) the script does not work on one day of the week, but it is strange for the updates to take that long.I was wondering if the powers that be are aware of this.

I don't know whether it is the holiday season or whether MyCents has been celebrating a bit too extensively :unsure: , but I started posting quite a number of posts on Sunday, all of considerable length, and none of them in "No post count" topics, but it is now Wednesday and my credit has still not changed.

Firstly, you should have received your myCent today :) . The credit system was indeed undergoing changes, originally we realized that credits had stopped in Xisto so OpaQue decided to recode the script to keep it updated with the latest version of IPB. He switched off the credit system for Xisto a few days ago since he was almost done coding and needed to debug & finalize the script. Today he uploaded the credit system and it is currently under BETA TESTING mode, this is to monitor and fix any more bugs/issues that went unnoticed during the offline testing. Based on the reports Opa gets from the next 2-3 days, he will add the final tweaks and we can open a celebratory bottle of champagne for the new year :D

Has the script stopped running temporarily or something?I think it is unusual for the script not to update the credits in three days, OK, sometimes it can take a day or two, and, according to what I read somewhere (I do not know whether it is true or what) the script does not work on one day of the week, but it is strange for the updates to take that long.

I was wondering if the powers that be are aware of this.

:) I think that mundane rumor started because of the moderating module, the moderating module was installed specially to monitor GUEST posts and was for APPROVING/DISAPPROVING guest posts but OpaQue decided to make life easier for me by showing ALL of the posts made on KS/Asta. This way I could find spam posts faster. The mycent system gives credit whether posts are checked at the moderation module or not and it runs as often as needed without taking a day off.

Hopefully now people will stop the manual mycent rumor or that a monkey on a typewriter decides the Mycent value :P

First of all, a very happy new year to you, Velma, and the whole of Xisto.I did indeed receive my credit update today (a good one, I must say :D ).So, it seems I was right about something not working.I am glad Opaque has now upgraded the script, and even though it is still in the BETA stage, upgrading scripts regularly can only improve things.This reminds me (talking about scripts), by the way, is there a script available on Xisto that keeps track of certain events (eg. like keeping rankings or something)?The reason I ask is because, for a while now, I have been playing with the idea of posting something like a weekly music quiz (just for the fun of it).It would of course be perfectly possible that I post the questions and that the people either post their replies or PM their replies to me, but then I would have to keep track of the scores manually or enter them into a spreadsheet or database or something, it would, of course, be a lot handier if I had something that added the scores automatically and set up the tables with participants.So, if you are interested (many people would probably like to take part in a regular quiz) to have a bit of fun on here, please get in touch, i am quite willing to spend a bit of time on a fun project.

I've received my credit update too, and also a quite good one, but didn't receive anything yet from Xisto mycents :) Just from Xisto forums ;)