xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mrdee

Videos Buffering Indefinitely

I have a problem that seems to be caused by my laptop, as my wife's laptop does not have the issue.When I want to watch a video online from certain sites, the films keep buffering forever, and never start.The funny thing is, it did not happen before, and, as mentioned before, the films play fine on my wife's laptop, so the cause of the issue must be with me.This morning, when I wanted to watch a film, the first thing that happened was that I was asked to install the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight, which I did.There is even one film which just keeps asking me to upgrade Silverlight, even though I have the latest version.I use the latest version of Google Chrome and Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate as my Operating System.I tried using Firefox, but I have the same issue there.I cleared my cache completely, all to no avail.Can anyone help me sort this out, please?Thanks in advance.

You might have to reinstall Adobe Flash (if it's flash movies like Youtube)I had the same issue on my PC a while ago, wich was easily fixed by reinstalling.

Oh yes,I forgot to mention I do not have the issue on Youtube.However, it is well worth giving it a try.Also, the issue is not caused by my broadband speed, as that is quite good.Thank you for your input.Gelukkig nieuwjaar toegewenst ook. :D

OK,

I tried to install (or rather, re-install) Adobe Flash, but that made no difference.

But then, after noticing a plug-in crash, I also re-installed Adobe Shockwave and that seems to have improved a tiny bit. (It has not solved the issue completely, however).

I am also still stuck with the Microsoft Silverlight issue: when I try to play certain films, where the film is supposed to play, a screen from Microsoft comes up, inviting me to install the latest version of Silverlight.

The thing that really hacks me off is: "I already have the latest version of Silverlight", nevertheless, some films keep asking me to install the latest version.

Looks like I am in a no-win situation here.