xisto Community
konane

What Firewall Do People Use hi i was wondering what firewall people

What firewall do you use  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Paying for the firewall again the antivirus is a big problem. Zone Alarm is suposed to be good enough. Even the free version. And soon I am going to get PC-Cillin internet security

Nice QuestionI like work With ZoneAlarm 5.5.062It Has Blue Skin And Its Very Nice Zone Alarm has This option for block Hackers for attack your PS1 -Firewall2 -Program Control (Cool)3 -antivirus monitoring4 -Email protection5 - ID Lock6 - Alert & LogZone Alarm Can Block Internet Program And this option can block Trojans and Worms I Think zone Alarm is best (FW)

zone alarm is THE most crappiest piece of software you can ever use. together with the illusion of being the easiest to use, it gives you the least protection and conflicts with a plethora of other programs.Old versions of Kerio were some of the best ever created. I didn't like the newer versions so I switched over to Tiny. Outpost firewall also seems pretty good, but was very resource hungry back when I used it. I may try it again to see if they have fixed that.

For some strange reason i have a lot of firewalls. But one I'll say i use is sygate personal firewall. It's free and i might as well try it and its...ok. Not the best but its free. I use some others but Sygate personal firewall is the one i usually use. It also gets pretty annoying at times asking if access should be granted to your computer. But it also has a feature where you can allow all programs trying to access your computer. :D

Nortons Internet Security, Mcaffe Firewll, and Windows XP's built-in firewall. However my favorite iss Norton's Internet Security, I games off it perfectly safely, and easily without adjusting any settings, it is very good, it also has alot of other things like pop-up and spam blockers... .

i use the one that's built in with microsoft, so i don't really know which one that is. it appears not to work well at all. i've got all kinds of crap installed on my computer from the internet - one of which uses like 100% of my processor until i kill it. so i think i should look into something other than the microsoft one. it should prevent all that adware from being installed, i think!!

I've never had a firewall before. I am thinking of trying out Zone Alert. Been hearing good stuff about it. I don't know what exactly is suppose to do though, does it hide your IP from people who ping you or limit your upload speed?

I use a windows built-in firewall, I can't really be asked to get a newer firewall. I could get a new one but then again, windows firewall has always been loyal to me and always done it's job so I'll keep it.

I use the one built into my SMC router. works much better, none of those prompt's/popups asking to allow stuff. you just set the ports and connection type for what your gonna use once, and your good.because having the computer run its own protection isn't a smart idea, you could get a virus/trojan that would disable the software firewall and still show on the screen that it was doing its job.

I've never had a firewall before. I am thinking of trying out Zone Alert. Been hearing good stuff about it. I don't know what exactly is suppose to do though, does it hide your IP from people who ping you or limit your upload speed?

54689[/snapback]

people should really read the previous posts before replying :D

i used sygate personal firewall ... personally i recommend this to everyone because i think it's great and it offers some good functions ... at first i was trying to install zone alarm but it turned out that it couldnt be installed on my computer .. i dunno y .. but sygate is just as good so far :D

i use norton internet security and the entire suite of norton applications. they have kept my computer running really good. i haven't had anything screwy going on with my computer and i'm loving it

I have tried many different firewalls.

I had tried:

ZoneAlarm Pro and Security Suite (makes my computer slow)

PC-Cillin Internet Security (loads slowly and makes my computer slow)

and many other firewalls. They all will make your computer slow and they load really slow.

Use the built-in one in Windows XP. It's fast, and really secure. Try out a firewall test for yourself.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Firewall+Test