xisto Community
velma

Never Tasted Eggnog

Now that the holiday season has come by, I hear a lot of people talking about egg nog this and egg nog that... And it is hard to believe but I have never actually tasted Egg Nog not to mention the fact that beaten eggs don't really seem all that alluring :PWe do get packed egg nog here but I am not sure whether they taste all that good and I very happily reject my brother's offers to make some eggnog at home... So what does eggnog taste like and what are the best combinations? And how were you guys introduced to the stuff?:lol: I know I might be asking for too much but can someone describe how it tastes? I've been told it tastes like a smoothie or a chocolate milkshake but.... raw eggs?

I was introduced to eggnog when I was too young to know what it was. I've tasted about three or four brands of store-bought egg nog in my life and they all taste good. Some have more spices (cinnamon etc) than others. I've never tasted home-made stuff so I have no idea if it tastes anything like the stuff you can buy in a store. I'm interested in trying a home-made recipe but the raw eggs does kind of put a person off. I think most recipes recommend pasteurizing it before making it.I would describe the eggnog I've tried as tasting like...a sweet creamy drink. Rich, smooth, kind of like drinking a good quality Ice Cream flavour. It doesn't taste much like eggs to me, I've never had a glass of eggnog and thought Gee, I'd love a slab of bacon to go with this. It's very good anyway.

Well, I would describe it as positivly yummy! Good eggnog is thick, like a milk shake. It has a sweet, rich, creamy flavor, and is spiced up with cinnimon and nutmeg. I'm sure all store bought brands would be automaticly pasturied so there would be no need to concern one's self with worries of salmonilla that you might come into contact with from raw eggs And there is no raw egg taste about it anyway, if that is a concern.

I've never tasted an Egg Nog myself, but I think I wouldn't like to taste it, due to a green egg is not something I would like, I prefer the egg to be cooked or baked or something like that, but I couldn't eat it like that, even if it's a cocktail :D